Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Paul Ryan plans to fight poverty!

Post by preoccupied »

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/vid ... paul-ryan/

Paul Ryan has a plan to fight poverty. How can fighting poverty be effective?

How does one build self sufficiency? It is obvious to me. Hard work! In order to become wealthy someone has to do something really difficult for several decades. To be middle class do something moderately difficult for several decades. One thing is always true though and that is the person should try to live below their means or they could fail at life at any income level.

I've known some poor people who get some benefits from the government and even mental patients who can't work. They are greedy people. I think that if they could recieve benefits and work on top of it that they would jump at the occassion to work as hard as possible. It's not until someone is working as hard as possible that they are truly human. No human being should be lead to be lazy because of their circumstances. Poverty is cruel but it's even more cruel when it changes people's personalities to be lazy. So even though it might not seem fair to everybody, those who enter poverty should get nearly permanent assistance with income and medical, even after they start working again.

The cut off point where they stop recieving benefits should be when they have $50,000 in a bank saved up and have worked consistently for a long period of time. Does this sound ridiculous? Now to tell you why it sounds rediculous comes my question: Why don't Americans have large savings? Should Americans have large savings? The only reason it looks unfair is because average Americans don't have that kind savings. Don't you think that they should? My plan to end poverty is to get the average American a savings greater than $50,000 and require all poverty driven people to have that savings also before losing their assistance. It's not that ridiculous, I just have really high standards.

The banking system would be very healthy if Americans had more savings. The banking system is important. It prevents poor people from using unnecessary credit options to payday advance or other loans or fees associated with not having a healthy banking system. This $50,000 savings is necessary to bring up the banks to the poorer communities and stabilize it all.

Minimum wage needs to not be applied to everybody and minimum wage should be higher for people who can't do anything else but work a minimum wage job. Skilled labor should get more respect and be paid better. I know that non-millionaires are greedy too and they deserve to have satisfaction. This is complicated and therefore I don't know how to accomplish this. I don't think just demanding it will make the best possible result, but I feel really deeply that if it were to happen and people were paid more in general that it would be the bee knees. Everybody would love it. They wouldn't know how it possibly wasn't done before, it would be so great.

If any of this idea is to work, the real estate market needs to become less speculative. All real estate bubbles should be popped. I see nothing wrong with slowing down real estate inflation, as it has caused a lot of trouble in the past with the housing crisis. For my plan to end poverty, such inflation would countradict the efforts of increasing wages. It's important that the people who enjoy better wages in the possible future spend money frugally and not just because they have it and also try to live below their means some, like for example by not tolerating expensive inflated housing. An inflated housing market should get the stigma that $5 a gallon gas would get if we had to pay that kind of thing today. If there is $5 a gallon gas and it is not necessary there should be huge fines for stealing value from the consumer. This attitude should be on the conscience of every consumer to make the seller beware.

Education is also important. I don't think the problem with education lies with the education system though. I think children have to live the lifestyle of a productive person in order to be educated well. Do these children have a lot of exposure to the media? Do they do their homework first before anything else when they get home? Do they have the attitude that I've seen before that is to do as little as possible? Instead of having the attitude to do as little as possible children should be in habit of doing as much as possible for a certain amount of time or until the job is done. The job should be done before doing anything else that day. - lifestyle: "TV + media" "homework first" "procrastination" "attitude to do as little as possible" will exist naturally to all people who do not train themselves to not do that. Poorer neighborhoods are less likely to have a productive home life and this is back to the issue of poverty as well.

I hope Paul Ryan a plan that would accomplish what I am saying because I don't! I don't know how to accomplish what I just said. I just think it would be awesome!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

re: Paul Ryan plans to fight poverty!

Post by preoccupied »

I almost forgot who Paul Ryan is. I was thinking he was an outstanding guy that was going to turn the US government into a philanthropist capable of transforming the workforce. However, now that I think about it, I remember who he is and the shady behavior that he displayed.

One time Paul Ryan went to a soup kitchen during his Vice Presidential run and cleaned already clean dishes.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/4 ... aign-photo

The proposition Ryan wants to use to prevent poverty is to give more control of funds to the States. Governors of Republican States notoriously deny benefits for people. Some people are so desperate for dental treatment in these states that when free dental work is offered there at various times, it closes highways sometimes because basically the whole States arrives to receive the free help.

The biggest quote I take from Stephen Colbert is "live up to this man's dream of cutting all of your government funding". I will take that to heart. I think Paul Ryan would try to cut government funding even if some creative means to increase revenue is invented. Of course, the real solution to poverty is more funding and hard work from everybody. The only way to do that is to create unique and powerful means to increase revenue in the government.

My motion without external force invention for #flyingcar, it could possibly get universal worldwide long patent life and strong prosecution powers patent and that, I would literally donate it to a high tax that would cut into my profits. My profits if I get a really good patent on this invention could be hundreds of billions or trillions of dollars depending on the patent life and whether world governments all support my patent. I want, because I am intelligent and not selfish, I have heart, I want to literally be taxed as much as possible, within reason, on this invention, if I get a good patent on it. I swear, I really believe, even if I managed to do this, Paul Ryan might try to cut government funding despite it, and then give the extra revenue to nothing. I literally don't trust Paul Ryan as far as I can throw him. Meaning, I can't really throw people very well. I don't trust Paul Ryan very much.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain