Hoene Wronski Wheel (kinetic) - another ancient idea

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Rafael Ti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hoene Wronski Wheel (kinetic) - another ancient idea

Post by Rafael Ti »

Hi All
Here is what I've found accidentally on YT this morning. The bicycle with gravity assisting which uses Hoene Wronski wheels. It was previously invented to eliminate railway tracks and patented in 1836 in France. Wronski only stated that the mechanism will reduce the power needed to drive any (esp. heavy) vehicle, but didn't explain the principle, waiting for someone willing to pay for patent. Nobody was interested so the wheel has been forgotten.
This year a scientist from Poland Józef Okulewicz raised up the idea and has built the bicycle working according to it. Today he is at the stage of making a dynamic model to prove it can work.
So.. here is some explanation in English by Okulewicz:
http://www.okulewicz.republika.pl/WronskiWheel.htm
And here the bike video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJwPjyRMExA[url]

Some updates:
The original drawing of wheel and principle sketch + the Author website translated by Google:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... mprezy.htm
On the web when you click on 'Principle of wheels Wronski' file you will get a pps file with some sketches explaining the idea to be open via Microsoft Office PoverPoint Viewer.
Attachments
Hoene Wronski Wheel.png
Wronski Wheel princ.png
wro.gif
wronski bike.jpg
Last edited by Rafael Ti on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
simplicity is a key ...
mickegg
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Hoene Wronski Wheel - another ancient idea

Post by mickegg »

Hi Raphael

The mechanism appears to be the same as that used in the cycloidal gear reducer.

I don't know which came first though.

Regards

Mick
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

re: Hoene Wronski Wheel (kinetic) - another ancient idea

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Hi Rafael Ti,

I do not see any advantage over a standard Bicycle, it seems more like a caterpillar type drive. I would of liked to see it go up hill because I think it would not perform very well due to the angle of the small wheels in there circles, maybe good going down hill though.

Good find, and is still of interest, and it is good to see people building these things, more testing is needed to compere it to the standard bicycle, although that would give the game away.
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
Rafael Ti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rafael Ti »

Hi Mick
It only looks similar to gear mechanism I think, but the angular speeds of inner and outer wheel are the same. It can be seen clearer on original drawing by Wronski. I have the same impression like Trevor: I can't see any gain here if taking it "stationary". Probably the secret is in moving... if you push the inner wheel foreword (by driving it) the outer wheel is left a bit behind then. That makes the outer wheel unbalanced. These 4 inner circles should be bigger to maximize the effect... of course if any effect exists. The inventor states that the bicycle weights around 100 pounds and is still very easy to drive. He starts to ride with chain on the smallest sprocket on rear...
In XIX cent. in France some people have even built a few carriages with these types of "living wheels" as they called them, for testing, and probably without any desired effect. But... never say never :)
simplicity is a key ...
triplock

Post by triplock »

A classic case of over-engineering over substance

There is a certain vanity with engineers that makes them apply too much make up

Chris