Is time travel impossible because of the conservation of energy law?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Time is just another coordinate which takes us no effort to visit as long as its sum-vector magnitude remains positive. It can be viewed as a vector connecting two points on a free-body diagram. You can successfully graph time as a vector IF you treat spacial coordinates as vectors themselves and time into an actual physical coordinate. I find it easiest to use mark and bearing. With mark and bearing establishing vectors of propagation, time can be used as the spacial coordinate that defines the distance traversed along a course of travel, and you wind up with actual spacial positions when you're done! Anyways, I digress. Think of Einstein; think of the speed of light; think of places and things you know of that exist but that you simply cannot access due to the limits of current technology or personal resources. Einstein established time as the fourth coordinate following the three position coordinates. It allows us to set up appointments, meetings, dates, events, and references. Fine and dandy. And although it is, for the most part, an inconceivable notion to think that we can go and visit an earlier set of coordinates, that doesn't mean it's impossible; it just means that it's extremely difficult. As a comparison, we know the speed of light and all of its known counterparts along the EM spectrum, and that they all propagate at that speed, and from this we know that if something has mass than it cannot ever reach the speed of light. Back to Einstein: as an object approaches the speed of light, time approaches zero, mass approaches infinity, and length approaches zero until such a point that all points in space/time can be occupied simultaneously. Time and light hold hands; they always have. Motion gives rise to time; it is its catalyst. Don't agree? Consider what the effect would be if all matter in existence suddenly ceased its motion. The correlation was drawn a long long time ago. So it would seem that three is not a crowd, and neither is four! It is a circle and a star of interaction. Time is dependent on motion (velocities), motion is dependent on the pretachyonal limit of the speed of light, and the speed of light is dependent on time. It's all no different in basic concept from electricity and magnetism. Mass (or matter) is at the center of that star. Change any one of the "three," and you get a different mass (a different quantity of matter)! We can even prove the "star" correlation: if you project laser light into a bose-einstein condensate, it slows down and even stops and coverts into matter. Of course, to create the bose-einstein condensate, one must freeze atoms to within a few millionths of a degree above absolute zero. At this point the motion ceases to the point where all the atoms act as one, proving the inversion of multiplicity, and also proving that time indeed can approach zero and even backtrack, as particles have actually been accelerated at speeds so great they converted to tachyons and duplicity was recorded, as was the theory that effect can and does precede cause under the right conditions. All this goes to show that this "star" inside of a circle seems to "want" to rotate in only one direction. To reverse the rotation requires a great amount of energy input. Even Tesla's teleporter required vast amounts of power to operate, "reportedly" of course. So what can we learn from our own research? We learn that it takes far, far more energy requirements to reverse the natural direction and process of the "star" interaction. We can play around with the star, sure: we can manipulate light and time and mass and motion, but on such a nano-scale that real-world application will never be reached in our lifetimes. We simply cannot generate that kind of power, nor do we have the technology available to implement it except on the nano-scale. Even so, the one thing all four elements of this Mercedes-logo-looking star is energy, carried round and round and round through the never-ending cycle that is entropy.
ME
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Is time travel impossible because of the conservatio

Post by ME »

rlortie wrote:I need to find myself somewhere in time. If I should show up here while gone, hang on to me until I get back. I really need to talk to myself!
Fixed :-)
rlortie @ Thu 21 Jul, 2005 13:47 wrote: You have all the time their ever was, you have all the time there is, and you have all the time there ever will be.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---