old bank account

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

old bank account

Post by preoccupied »

I think that I might have an old bank account with a lot of money in it, from over ten years ago. I think it's at a particular bank. How do I approach the bank about recovering the bank account? I don't remember where I was living when I opened the bank account and I don't remember the pin number. I think that I accessed it for $300 a few years ago when I remembered the pin number but I don't think that I can do that now. The branch of bank it is at is in Oregon but I'm in Michigan now. I know that I have not updated my address. Also I was really young when I opened this bank account I think. It could be receiving deposits from royalty but I don't know if it is. I used to mail in voice acting and music to a company when I was younger but I don't remember much about it. I think that I lost information about this bank account after I hit my head year 2005. The biggest reason that I think it exists is that I think I did access it once a few years ago but I forgot to keep records about it.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

re: old bank account

Post by MrTim »

There should be a gov't agency in the state where the bank is located that you can contact about dormant/unclaimed accounts (most states have it set up so that bank accounts that aren't active for a period of time are transferred to the care of the state.) That should at least give you a starting point. ;-)
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
Mark
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Mark »

https://oregonup.us/upweb/up/up_search.asp

Also, utilize your favorite search engine to look for "unclaimed property" in the state where the bank has its home office.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I think that the bank account is still in the care of the bank. It might be receiving deposits and withdrawals related to music that I think that I made when I was younger.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I think that the bank account that I'm thinking about is a bank account that my Mom made since I was underage at the time. I'm not sure at all what happened with my music. I bet that I wasn't paid anything yet for it. It's hard to say for sure though, because I remember very little about it after hitting my head several times.