Bessler the fraud?

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

daxwc
Addict
Addict

Bessler the fraud?

Post by daxwc »

Bessler the fraud?

http://507movements.com/mm_250.html

If his wheel sat in open bearings of this type he might have rotated one of the blue wheels through the pillar post.
What goes around, comes around.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: Bessler the fraud?

Post by Fletcher »

Except the witnesses reported examining open journals in the bi-directional Merseburg translocation test.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

I think it was well established that the energy source wasn't in the pillars via the bearings.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

I agree although if it is just sitting on open big bearings you might not of thought about just turning one of them would provide excess energy to run the wheel.? I imagine they would have played with the open bearing with the wheel off. But if the wheel was on it might be hard to tell it was driven. Remember there is an eyewitness that says it is driven through the post; the MAID. This could be a potential as into how.
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

There is also the statement that they could chop off his head if the wheel wasn't as he said. That alone is enough of a guarantee that the wheel was genuine for me!
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

The odd thing for me has always been the drain in the Kassel drawing. Why bother drawing a drain? Perhaps he was using falling water to create a vacuum to drive it. Hide it in plain sight. He did go on about making water organs etc.

Also, none of the drawings show open journal bearings.
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

I have that book, and I'd use #250, too. I'd also add a bar or U-bolt to keep the axle from jumping off the wheels. Of course, finding suitable wheels could be a challenge in itself... ;-)
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Justsomeone:
There is also the statement that they could chop off his head if the wheel wasn't as he said. That alone is enough of a guarantee that the wheel was genuine for me!
In the eye of today’s society that is true. But in 1700’s Europe there was no welfare, but workhouses that were hard in itself to get into. People became poor and the public often desperate. The threat of a head being cut-off was no more than the easy way out to a life that would be full of hardship ahead; never underestimate desperate people. Then there is just people that are psychopathic and such threats just aren’t effective.

There is lots of cases where the scientific and medical community got hoodwinked.
https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/library ... g2009.html
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Ha ha, there are some women still do that trick today, but they usually use a string of beads.