Copy Rights

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

UbWe
Aficionado
Aficionado

Copy Rights

Post by UbWe »

Any material that is copyright protected should have a pinned thread stating the specific legalities attached to using any copyrighted.
Without a legal agreement in place then Fair Use is allowed.

Fair Use of Copyrighted Material

What is "fair use"?

Fair use is the right to use a copyrighted work under certain conditions without permission of the copyright owner. The doctrine helps prevent a rigid application of copyright law that would stifle the very creativity the law is designed to foster. It allows one to use and build upon prior works in a manner that does not unfairly deprive prior copyright owners of the right to control and benefit from their works. Together with other features of copyright law like the idea/expression dichotomy discussed above, fair use reconciles the copyright statute with the First Amendment.

What is the test for fair use?

Fair use is actually an affirmative defense to a claim of copyright infringement, meaning that the alleged infringer has the burden of proving their use was a fair use. It is now codified in Section 107 of the Copyright Act, which provides that fair use of a work “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use, scholarship, or research)” is not an infringement of copyright. To determine whether a given use is fair use, the statute directs, one must consider the following four factors:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether the use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

These factors are not exclusive but are the primary—and in many cases the only—factors courts examine. The following sections consider each of these four factors in turn.

https://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use

As for myself, I think I would enjoy working with people who did not learn to talk in an English speaking country. They might say it's okay that I
learned to talk in Norway. Then I will not have to tolerate openly abusive behavior, oops misspelled it, behaviour. With any work on Bessler's Wheel,
I'll be able to use any copyrighted material pertaining to Bessler's Wheel and say I'll be improving upon it because I know what he built, many wheels
and not just one.

Isn't it interesting when the people of this forum did not support it to be used to realize Bessler's Wheel? I realized it on Facebook where I was allowed
to discuss it. This is interesting because I could use any copyrighted material associated with orpheus.org and this forum while criticizing (heckling)
them. Just as their work was used to "heckle" me, I can show what their work allows for.
Last edited by UbWe on Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.