Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Re: Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Upate,
I'm having a lot of problems with the 90, 90 plan. Driving 90 degrees then lifting 90 degrees. For it to work it has to be exactly 90 each time. What happens, is the clutch never lets go so any errors pile up. It's like the clutch has memory and, very quickly the timing gets way off, as the errors accumulate.

I may have to go to 180, 180. Or more acutely 170 degrees down and 170 degrees up. With about 20 degrees of lost motion at bottom dead center,(BDC), / 6:00. At BDC the clutch instantly releases and would restart at the same position each time. Automatic error correction if you will; maybe, not sure if it will work-------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nebollinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nebollinger »

Referring to the drawings around Apr. 8th. Many times I have tried to pair two weights such that one goes up and the other goes down requiring no significant energy and simultaneously Shifting the top weight higher and the bottom weight lower so that it becomes top heavy and simultaneously bottom side lighter and thus rotates with very little work in. I deliberately did not supply a drawing so that many of you can apply your creativity to the solution.

One can easily test this concept out by manually positioning the weights and if that works then either gear or belt them together to see if it will start and run.

As you can imagine it should be self starting when in the top heavy position.

Norman
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
The stationary sprocket in the center was unsuccessful. However I did get the 90, 90 plan working. For the lever to reset in 90 degrees, it has to rotate upward, exactly twice the speed of the wheel. A 2 to one up ratio. Again, the operation is very similar to that of a gravity trip hammer, except for the directional bearing in the arm.

The trip wheel / gear is driven by a heavy pendulum or ballast as SHADOW calls it. During reset across the top and bottom, the forces should be balanced. On the sides up and down, when the trip wheel releases the lever, the forces will be OOB.

Norman; Fletcher is right, you should start a topic of your own, it's easy------------------Sam
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:19 am
Norman; Fletcher is right, you should start a topic of your own, it's easy------------------Sam
If Sam and I can do it, it must be easy, because we haven't got a bloody clue.
nebollinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nebollinger »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:19 am

I don't see anyplace to do that so I will continue here.

Last night I did a quick and dirty test of the concept and it rotates. So picture this. two arms geared together with an idler gear between so they both move in the same direction. Then at noon an arm with a weight sticking up past the circle and at 6 o'clock another equivalent arm with the weight up toward the axis. In that position it is top heavy and bottom light and will rotate. The idler gear is fixed so it causes the 2 other gears to rotate. If you start it at 1 o'clock it will self start and should continue.

I can't find the gears I have for this so till I get some cannot report further.
As Bessler said a school boy would understand this when he saw it.

Norman
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

If you click on "general Discussion", just below the title "General Discussion", it says "New Topic".
Click on "New Topic" and you should be good to go.
If you want it in Community Buzz, which means only registered members have access, you will find "New Topic" under the title Community Buzz, once you have selected Community Buzz.
nebollinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nebollinger »

After fabricating the balanced up and down concept I see that it only works for part of the cycle then
the switching has 2 weights going up so....

The problem is the weight has to move from outside the circle to inside
the circle and that can be done easily when horizontal but with clock
work. Then we sould get 90 degrees of work out which does not impress me.

Maybe you have a better balancing method.
Norman
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Norman.
There are only three moving parts, three gears and one of them is an idler gear. The trip gear has missing teeth for 90 degrees to release the hammer, (to let it fall), and teeth for 90 degrees to raise it back up. The hammer or weighted lever is fastened to the other smaller gear along with a clutch / one way bearing.

The big gear is about 6 inches in diameter and the small one is 3 inches in diameter, for a 2 to one up ratio. This is because it, the lever, has to rotate exactly twice as fast to reset in 90 degrees of rotation of the wheel. It is 90 up and 90 down which I don't think is too bad, then resets in 90 at the top and bottom.

Your not impressed. I don't think any one else is either--------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Follow up, the operation.
If the wheel turns counter clockwise,(CCW), the pendulum and large trip gear will rotate clock wise,(CW). They have translating motion. I. E., they go around and around in a circle but don't rotate, like the seats on a Farris wheel. Again, if the wheel makes one complete turn CCW, the big gear and it's pend., makes one complete turn CW. They do the lifting / resetting.

The big gear drives a small idler gear, in order to revers the rotation. If the big gear makes 10 revolutions CW the idler gear turns 20 revolutions CCW. For a 2 to one up ratio. The idler gear drives the 2nd gear with a weighted lever and a one way bearing. It turns CW, when lifting. The trip gear, with it's missing teeth raises the lever and, releases it every 90 degrees of rotation of the the wheel.

The lever with it's weight, locks to the wheel for 90 degrees going down and, for 90 degrees going up. I. E., the wheel is heavy on the down side and light on the up side. The reset occurs for 90 degrees at the top and bottom of the wheel. At this point all of the forces should be balanced, while the lever is being lifted back up.

Except for the idler, it's only two moving parts---------------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
nebollinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nebollinger »

What is so discouraging to me is today we have access to very creative and imaginative people all around the world and even simulation tools which means many more thousands of great minds than back in Bessler's days and we still have nothing to show for all of these advantages. But I still use some of my idle time to dream and experiment.

My only desire is to have a small toy on my desk that just goes and goes for discussion.

Norman
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hello Norman [nebollinger]
nebollinger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:18 pm My only desire is too have a small toy on my desk that just goes and goes for discussion.
That is a reasonable request. Have you any wood working skills?

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Norman, I do the same------------Sam

Live your days inspired anew!
LYDIA; she was a real person, who was beaten nearly to death and, had to relearn every thing and, I do mean every thing. She used her name, as an Arcanum, to inspire others, who had suffered the same fate.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
Latest and greatest not working, as usual. So many wrong ways; have to find the right way--Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

I think I see how it was done.
Back to the Ring & Rollers. They are the lifters, the weights that do the lifting. Like So: Set the R & R horizontal with it's cross-bar, then have a storks bill connected to the center of the cross-bar going up vertically, with a weight at the top end of it. A storks bill with a fixed pivot, can reverse the direction of movement. So, when the rollers are down the weight extends upward at 12:00 and, there would be a storks bill going down to lift the the weight up at 6:00.

With it stationary it would appear to be totally top heavy and bottom light. But, with it rotating the forces would be shifted in the direction of rotation. Which means if you gave it a flip it would take off in either direction and, would also be easy to keep stationary with the weight straight up at 12:00 and down at 6:00

One other thing, when the rollers are vertical and the weights horizontal there wouldn't be much force to roll them back wards, to cause back force-----------------Sam

ETA SHADOW, you should take a shot at it!!
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.