Bessler used pulleys

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Ben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bessler used pulleys

Post by Ben »

"If I arrange to have just one cross-bar in my machine, it revolves very slowly, just as if it can hardly turn itself at all, but, on the contrary, when I arrange several bars, pulleys and weights, the machine can revolve much faster" - pg 355
Has this been discussed here?

And Merry Christmas to all Bessler enthusiasts around the world! And thanks to Scott for bringing us all together.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

re: Bessler used pulleys

Post by Jonathan »

I'm sure it's been discussed, but did you have a particular point to make about it?
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
genmurphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by genmurphy »

Hello Ben,

Can you tell me, whivh book are you talking about ?
Ben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ben »

Clues from Apologia Poetica (high). Look at the link to Wiki above.
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Ben - what's a pulley in your mind? If it's a small wheel with a groove for a rope then it's not possible to come to that conclusion from the text you quoted. See the following posts...

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 1684#41684

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 8996#48996

Stewart
Ben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ben »

At the time I was working with pulleys as you describe, I made the above post. I found that with that setup the weights could only follow the movement of the wheel (movement induced from outside.)
Good job with the translation. I like that much better than the one in wiki. Still a "pull" to me still indicates to me that a rope or cable was used. I've always used rope to pull everything from broken down vehicles to tree stumps.
The other use of the word pull could relate to opening cabinet doors or drawers, but i don't see how that would apply here.
So, I'm thinking that a more accurate translation is "crosses" and "pulls," right? I like it.
Thanks, Stewart!
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Ben wrote:Still a "pull" to me still indicates to me that a rope or cable was used.
Yes, that's basically what it refers to but it could also be a rod. You can see the context in which Bessler uses it when you read through MT as I described in one of the posts I linked to. I also mentioned that he uses the term 'so to speak' or 'as it were', therefore I wouldn't assume that just because he mentions crosses/crossbars, pulls(ropes) and weights here that they are exactly what was present, but rather it seems he's just trying to convey the general principle of how to alter the speed of an overbalanced wheel by adding or removing sliding weight-units - something that makes perfect sense, and he's not giving anything away of his secret other than once again confirming that the actual cause of wheel rotation is by overbalancing it. His actual arrangement of the overbalance system may differ from the basic set-up he refers to here though, and as there are many ways to do this you can see why he might have picked the most basic/well known method to make his point. What it would seem we need to solve is how to constantly maintain the overbalance.

Stewart
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Going back to the prime mover.
He also said he figured how to do it without weights, like with water, and...more...right?
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Michael wrote:Going back to the prime mover.
He also said he figured how to do it without weights, like with water, and...more...right?
Yes, without 'weights' but not necessarily without weight (mass & gravity). I'm not sure if that's referring to the overbalance system (or something that might replace it) or prime mover though.

Stewart