About Patents

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

RIPPERTON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: About Patents

Post by RIPPERTON »

graham wrote:You're right Kirk, this would be one invention that would really harm some very powerful interests . It would upset the political balance of the entire world and wipe out the wealth of those who profit from the status quo !!
I dont think elitists would sulk in the corner and think that their days were over.
Considering that the invention was unpatented, dont you think they would take up the production of it.

I mean in terms of mass production they would be well poised to hit the ground running and come out ahead.

In fact in the event of the reinvention of the gravity engine, I would think that governments should prevent startup companies forming to allow existing industries to continue employing their people.
Industries that have been displaced by new technology and whose products have been rendered obsolete should be given a priority chance to try to minimise the disruption in the economy.
Although I could not imagine such a transition would be seamless.
Attempt only the impossible.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

RIPPERTON wrote:I would think that governments should prevent startup companies forming to allow existing industries to continue employing their people.
If the government gets involved then it would push up the price of the wheel and muck things up.. Instead, let the free market work its magic. That way the manufacturer gets a fair profit for his investment, his employees make a good wage, and the wheel is distributed and sold to the maximum number of customers at the lowest competitive price possible.

Why is it everyone thinks that government people are smarter than private industry?

path_finder
Addict
Addict

re: About Patents

Post by path_finder »

If the blue prints are published in details on Internet, I know a plenty of young boys in Congo able to build a 3m wide gravity wheel within less than an half day, using some beton iron rods, bike freewheels and chain, and an arc welding box at a total cost less than 50 USD.
Then there will be a tsunami, out of control of the politicians, industry lobbies and MIB.

IMHO the technology transfer will not be so dramatical than suggested.
The replacement of the tubes by the transistors in the 60'ies has been made very quickly, each manufacturer designing new models and adapting the production line.
Don't forget the oil is a mandatory (50% is still used for the plastics industry).
There will be perhaps a new repartition of the electric energy, the actual plants for the big consumers (industry), and the small generator for some low level domestic uses.
For the emergent countries it is very simple: 95% of the inhabitants don't have today access to the electric power, and too much poor to be some potential prospects for the big companies. If all of them are owner of a 50W gravity wheel, it will not change at all the planet (excepted perhaps in China).
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

95%???
path, it will be worthy if you come to a quick tour in Latin America.
Best!
M
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Why is it everyone thinks that government people are smarter than private industry?
In the coming New Year, 2012, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address will occur on the same day.

This is an ironic juxtaposition of events. One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for prognostication.

The other involves a groundhog.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Path_Finder wrote:
Don't forget the oil is a mandatory (50% is still used for the plastics industry).
Where did you get this number ? It sounds rather high to me .

Graham
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

I found the answer on a U S energy information website.
How much oil is used to make plastic?
In 2006,1 about 331 million barrels of liquid petroleum gases (LPG) and natural gas liquids (NGL) were used to make plastic products in the plastic materials and resins industry in the United States, equal to about 4.6% of total U.S. petroleum consumption
So it would seem that plastics are not a major factor in the energy consumption factor.

Graham
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

That was in 2006, since the price of gasoline has changed dramatically the current % has increased to 7.5 to 10% depending upon whose figures you go by.

Japan is said to use more oil in the manufacture of plastic than is used totally in Africa.

a Google search for 'plastic oil consumption' shows varying results.
Kirk
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: About Patents

Post by Kirk »

graham wrote:I found the answer on a U S energy information website.
How much oil is used to make plastic?
In 2006,1 about 331 million barrels of liquid petroleum gases (LPG) and natural gas liquids (NGL) were used to make plastic products in the plastic materials and resins industry in the United States, equal to about 4.6% of total U.S. petroleum consumption
So it would seem that plastics are not a major factor in the energy consumption factor.

Graham
I think fertilizer consumes a great deal
Not knowing is not the problem. It is the knowing of what just isn't so.

It is our responsibilities, not ourselves,that we should take seriously.
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Dear Graham,
Forget plastics, I meant 'chemicals' (including plastics).
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Dear path_finder, I got it. However ,if we don't need fossil fuels to light and heat our homes and neither run the engines of our cars and trucks. Then the oil moguls will certainly feel the pain.

Graham