Beliefs in God

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Michael
Addict
Addict

re: Beliefs in God

Post by Michael »

What clouds Ken? Some books state "heaven" is inside of you.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

re: Beliefs in God

Post by ken_behrendt »

Michael...

In all of the King James version of the New Testament, the word "sky" only appears 5 times. When various Greek words are translated as "heaven", they can mean the actual "sky" immediately above the Earth, or that portion of the sky that they assumed held the planets and the stars (remember, ancient people had no concept of how our solar system, galaxy, or universe was actually structured), or, most often, these words can refer to the special region of the sky where God and the angels were thought to live.

Since the ancients did not know that as one ascended further into the sky, one encountered the vacuum of space, they may actually have thought that all of the region above the Earth, right up to the celestial sphere that held the planets and stars, might have contained clouds. This would explain Matthew 24:30's suggestion that when the kingdom of heaven drew near to the Earth during the Second Coming, one might notice some of heaven's clouds accompanying Jesus and the angels.

Of course, I have read some material that suggests that the word "clouds" used in the KJ version should more accurately be translated as "flying clouds"! Since I'm a UFO buff, this caught my interest because it implies that the ancients were well aware of the UFO phenomena and somehow assumed that Jesus' resurrection and anticipated Second Coming would involve these craft. There have been many modern UFO sightings in which it was noted that the craft appeared to be enveloped in a layer of mist or cloud and, thus, could be described as a "flying cloud"! I explore this issue in greater depth in the article titled "Jesus and the New Age" on my website.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ