Post by rlortie »

wheeler,

There is nothing attached to consider
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

re: The Voyage of The HMS Bessler part 2

Post by Wheeler »

Im asking if you would remove the image.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Captain's personal log entry...

The HMS Bessler has arrived safely at her home port in Portsmouth, England and her crew has disembarked. I, shortly, will be turning over command of the vessel to the next captain to be assigned to her while I take a well deserved rest at my ancestral home nearby with my family. Of course, I shall not forget the adventure we all experienced or the lessons learned from it.

It is, indeed, regretful that we could not have finished our journey to Volcano Isle and then gone on to Bessler's Treasure Isle, but the unusual weather conditions made such an effort unreasonably hazardous at the time.

Meanwhile, I learned that Mr. Budd completed his "AquaWheel", but, unfortunately, it would not turn as he anticipated. Apparently, the observation that water will always seek its own level could not be overcome by his design. He has abandoned the idea and is now involved with Mr. Connors' magnetic wheel design, but they are only beginning to build it.

The other day, Eddy the cabin boy, excitedly told me that, after studying the writings of Admiral Bessler, he is convinced that he knows his secret and is comtemplating building a wheel using it. When I inquired as to what the secret was, Eddy became somewhat evasive. Apparently, though, I learned that he believes that Bessler's one-directional wheels used 4 opposed pairs of weights with each member of a pair further consisting of two weights with a special mechanical coupling between them. When I pressed for more details, he made some excuse and quickly left. But, his vague conclusions are still in my mind and I may do some sketches of my own that explore the principle he claims to have discovered.

I have not heard anything yet from Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud. No doubt, they are both hot on the trail of more clues concerning Bessler's inventions and, eventually, I will learn of them and pass them along to the original crew members of the HMS Bessler.

Captain Ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Log
We have seen the ship without sails in this harbor.
We just looked at each other with wonder.
Attachments
Ship without sails.JPG
JB Wheeler
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Captain's personal diary:

I am home for the first time in six months and resting well. It is nice to renew my bonds with wife and children and to see that my home has been kept "ship shape" in my absence.

Already, I have began construction of another gravity wheel using a design that occurred to me only a few days ago. Unfortunately, my shop is cold this time of year and this has served to hamper my construction efforts.

The other day I received a short and somewhat cryptic post from Commander Wheeler. He and Mr. Mud are doing well despite some recent hardships they have had to endure.

He enclosed the following sketch, but it has no explanation.

It appears to be some sort of tripled wheeled device attached to the stern of a ship which carries no canvas aloft. Most curious! Hopefully, we will learn more of this strange ship and I can then pass the information along to the former crew of the HMS Bessler...

Captain Ken
Attachments
What manner of strange device is this?
What manner of strange device is this?
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Captain Ken
This note was hand delivered by a ship mate to be passed on to you.
Attachments
Mud and I  aboard HMS Venus.JPG
JB Wheeler
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Today I received a note from Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud from a first mate aboard the HMS Venus newly arrived back in Portsmouth from voyage to India. She is a fine ship and uses both sails and engines for travel through the dreaded doldrums.

Apparently, both of the former crewmen of the HMS Wheeler where invited aboard the HMS Venus for dinner with her captain and made a favorable impression upon him. They seem to be gathering, slowly, but surely, more clues as to the secret of Admiral Bessler's marvelous self-moving wheels and intend to relay the information to me via passing ships as they continue in their efforts to reach Volcano Isle and then Admiral Bessler's Treasure Isle.

I wish them luck and Godspeed...

They enclosed a photograph showing them aboard the HMS Venus!

Captain Ken
Attachments
Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud aboard the HMS Venus.
Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud aboard the HMS Venus.

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

The shipmates reminded us that it is
Captain Kens Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary Captain Ken
The entire crew of the HMS Venus,
are celebrating again tonight.
Men and women are on board for this grand
Ceremony.
The captain of the HMS Venus has ordered much
Feasting to continue for several days.
Attachments
into the night.JPG
JB Wheeler
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Well, yesterday was the one year anniversary since I first took command of the HMS Bessler and attempted to reach Admiral Bessler's Treasure Isle. That mission remains incompleted, but, along the way, I found several important clues to his secrets as did the other crew members who participated in our epic voyage of discovery.

No doubt, both Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud are foundly recalling their experiences aboard the HMS Bessler at this time. I do hope all is well with them and that the captain of the HMS Venus can be of assistance to them as they continue their explorations.

Meanwhile, I heard recently from Mr. Smythe, our ship's excellent cook. He has developed a design for a most extraordinary perpetual pumping device that would be able to continuously supply a stream of water for use in an outdoor fountain or for fighting fires in urban areas. I still do not have any details about its operating principle, but I suspect that it uses some sort of system of reciprocating weighted pistons to maintain the pressure of the water at all times. If I learn more, I shall pass the information on to several other former members of our crew who are also working on hydraulic devices.

Captain Ken

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Log
We have tired of many days of feast.
As I decide to retire, one of the ship hands took me aside and showed me some strange maps.
The maps have many circles and most of the traced out voyages show a noth ward direction.
It is almost like these men are trying to tell us something.
He did not speak, and it was almost as if the crew knew I was to see these maps.
I can not tell if it is showing a voyage they have taken or a voyage that must be claimed to find something.
Whatever they know, they are not giving it to me.
I will see Mud in the morning. Maybe he has some other thoughts he can point out.
They stand at attention whenever we mention Captain Ken.
Oh Captain Ken did you not tell me everything?
What is this ship full of men, and where have they been?
Attachments
seamate shows map.jpg
JB Wheeler
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Mud!
See if you can put this bottle down that hole and out to sea.

Good job my friend!!Gooood Job!!
Come close to the wall and I will tell you what I wrote and put in the bottle.

If this bottle and note should reach any ship or land, may it be known that Commander Wheeler and Mr. Mud have been under heavy guard for many days?
We have been tricked into eating sleep wine and have been taken captive by The ship and itÂ’s crew of The HMS Venus.
We have heard, but are not sure of its truth that his own men have attacked Captain Ken.
The report said he has gone mad and has been shouting for months about how JB Bessler made a wheel rotate by simple shifting of weights. The peasants of the village are simple and afraid that Captain Ken is possessed with some mad hater systems.
How far from the truth can they go. Fear can make men do strange things.
We are hungry and we need to get free to confirm the report.
Some say he has survived the incident and will make a full recovery.
However, Mr. Mud and I agree to plan our escape.
We have found a week link in the second guard who takes a liken to anything made of lead.
We plan to give him enough to sink him to the bottom of the sea.
When we do, we will overtake this ship, and find Captain Ken. Dead or Alive!!! XXXXXX
JB Wheeler
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Mud
Now that we are free and are afloat on this small raft, I want to ask you a question.
What if Captain Ken has been killed and we are left without hope of his return?
Have you considered this?

Speak up boy! Don't just nod your head.
Oh sorry I forgot again.
No tongue, No speak.

Ok just show me somehow have you considered this?
JB Wheeler