Collection of clues about Bessler wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

John Collins
Addict
Addict

re: Collection of clues about Bessler wheel

Post by John Collins »

It's possible that Bessler's requirements were itemised at the time, Joel, but there is nothing to tell us now. I remember thinking that Bessler must have just ordered what he needed from the 'Master of Buildings and Works' who probably just signed for it as instructed by Karl.

John Collins
Joel Wright
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joel Wright »

Thank you John, I'll put that clue into my dead end file.
Work with gravity and gravity will work for you.There are more than two sides to a wheel.
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

While flying to Providence, RI on Monday, I passed the time reading Bessler's Poetica Apologia.

Something cought my eye that I wanted to pass on:

On page 246 of John Collins' book Bessler states:

<I hope that the dearest wishes of all my friends will be realised in full, and more, from the moment they first view the friendly greeting of my title page.>

On page 284, Bessler states that he made arrangements to pass on his PM wheel secret in case of his death (with his book and riddles, I guess). It also states:

<In short, it is my desire to patent my wonderful invention for public use during that unique year which is written twice with the number 17. Already, I'm making all necessary arrangements, with the powerful hand of the Lord guiding me.>

On the cover page of the Poetica Apologia book are the years stated as:

<1716. - - 1717>

It just cought my eye that there is a specific reference that could indicate a clue on the cover page and then another reference to the year that is written twice, 17.

Some thoughts are:

* Is 17 part of the clue to deciphering the code?
* why does 1716 have a period "." after it?
* Why are there two dashes "- -" between the years?

I am not making an attempt by any means to decipher the code and do not wish to go there. I don't think I would have a chance at it without knowing old German. I think my efforts would be more fruitful at re-discovering the wheel's mechanism of rotation (or a new mechanism/variation that also works).

For those working on deciphering, I wanted to pass on the observation & questions about the year.....

Preston.
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Preston
I think everyone will agree that you are doing us a favor by this note or your observation.
It is good to know you are reading and looking for clues, even though you do not know Old German language. I too suffer from lack of this language and can not go into deeper study as John has.
I find the line
I hope that the dearest wishes of all my friends will be realised in full, and more, from the moment they first view the friendly greeting of my title page.
as a very kind thought from Bessler.
I hope you will continue to search and study.
I have used my own mind to find what I think may be his design, though it is my idea, It may be what he did in one design.
I wonder how John is doing with his new book?
Please continue your efforts, as it seems you are truly looking at a door of opportunity.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Preston...

Thanks for that clue about the year 1717 which, of course, sums to 34 (so long as one does not add the individual digits). As an amateur numerologist myself, this is the kind of number that can attract my attention. Most likely, it would have stuck in Bessler's mind years later when he worked on MT.

Below is attached Bill's version of MT34 for everyone's perusal. It is one of his many "flipover" type devices which is supposed to become top heavy regardless of which end is up. Of course, it will not work because it never really becomes top heavy. As the weights within the rectangular frame at E and G rise, their CG will climb above the center of the frame. However, at the same time, the CG of the long lever lifting lever weight at C will drop to compensate so that the CG of all weights stays at the center of the supporting axle. Result: No motion possible.

However, perhaps studying the illustration and trying to figure out a way to eliminate the long lever lifting weights could lead to some answers. If one could eliminate those levers then one would have a "pair of pairs" in the remaining four weights within the frame that would be top heavy and perpetually drive the frame about. The next logical set is to derive a "pair of pairs" that could be fit into a hollow drum along with three other such sets to provide a wheel whose weights would constantly keep their CG to one side of the wheel's axle during rotation...

ken
Attachments
There might be more to this then meets the eye...
There might be more to this then meets the eye...
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, &#969;, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle &#966;, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(&#8730;2)&#960;d&#969;cos&#966;
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

I wonder how John is doing with his new book?
Not very well, Wheeler! I've been busy with getting Das Tri, Apologia and Grundlicher Bericht on to www.lulu.com. Almost finished, but with that and MT being prepared I haven't been able to work on the book, but rest assured I'm starting work on it again later this week and will put all my efforts into finishing it.

John Collins
albente
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by albente »

I followed a link on this thread http://www.future-energies.org/Chapter1.rtf and found this piece of information :
Like Leibniz, he too was a member of the Royal Society in London (the English Academy of Sciences)

Now what of all things is the connection between Leibniz and Bessler?
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Thanks for the update John.
I also visited the Lulu site http://www.lulu.com/ and joined.
Thank you so much for this tip, and I wish you success.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Albente,

Newton was president or chairman for the Royal Society. Newton and Leibniz were not the best of buddies and had years of battling over accusations of plagiarism. Newton formed a committee to expound these charges, but as chairman he wrote the final report to his liking
Like Leibniz, he too was a member of the Royal Society in London (the English Academy of Sciences)

Now what of all things is the connection between Leibniz and Bessler?
IMO Leibniz would have probably been interested in Bessler's device in an attempt to refute and knock Newton off his pedestal.

Ralph
fAtnhapy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fAtnhapy »

"IMO Leibniz would have probably been interested in Bessler's device in an attempt to refute and knock Newton off his pedestal."

I get that all the time too.
fAt
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rks1878 »

I think the best motivational clue of them all, is the anecdotal account of Herr Bessler saying that he was afraid "that the device was so simple that whoever bought it would feel cheated".

This clue tells volumes about Bessler and the genuineness of his wheel IMHO!!

ROBERT
Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Robert wrote:
I think the best motivational clue of them all, is the anecdotal account of Herr Bessler saying that he was afraid "that the device was so simple that whoever bought it would feel cheated".
That is an interesting quote attributed to Bessler. Actually, I think that if one paid the 100,000 thalers that Bessler demanded for the invention then one might expect the secret mechanism to be some sort of extremely complicated device such as might be found in some complex clock movement. The fact that Bessler would even worry about what the buyer might think is an indication to me that he was sincere and felt a bit guilty that he was charging so much for the simple mechanism he had found. A man that displays that kind of concern to someone else does not impress me as the type who would perpetrate a fraud...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, &#969;, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle &#966;, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

winkle
Devotee
Devotee

Post by winkle »

Simplicity: it's hard
the uneducated

if your gona be dumb you gota be tough

Who need drugs when you can have fatigue toxins and caffeine
Madmax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Questions to John

Post by Madmax »

I have 2 questions:
1. Are there no more known drawings after MT 143 in the Maschinen Tractate?
2. Are the drawings MT138 to MT141 originally coupled together by Orffyreus on one page?

Max
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Max...

I do not believe that there are any more numbered illustrations after MT143.

However, while there has been much discussion about MT138-141 on this board, I do not remember anybody ever commenting on that last figure MT143. There has been some mention here lately about the secret of Bessler's wheels being contained within a "pair of pairs" configuration. Now that I look at the forgotten MT143, I see something in it that looks like a pair of pairs! I've puzzled over this figure for a while and am not sure what Bessler is trying to demonstrate with it...

ken
Attachments
How is this supposed to work?
How is this supposed to work?