Realization of Maxwell's Hypothesis

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Realization of Maxwell's Hypothesis

Post by ovyyus »

This has been out for a while. Download the full document in PDF format (the conclusion is stunning).

http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0311104
This is an experiment report on a special energy conversion. Two similar and parallel Ag-O-Cs cathodes in a vacuum tube eject electrons at room temperature continuously. A static magnetic field applied to the tube plays the role of the famous "Maxwell's demon". The thermal electrons are so controlled by the magnetic field that they can fly only from one cathode to the other, resulting in a charge collection and an electric potential. A load, a resistance for example, is connected to the cathodes, getting an electric power from the tube continuously. Here, the air within the laboratory is a single heat reservoir and all of the heat extracted by the electronic tube from the reservior is converted into electric energy, without producting any other effects. The Authors believe that the experiment is in contradiction to Kelvin's statement of the second law of thermodynamics.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

re: Realization of Maxwell's Hypothesis

Post by ken_behrendt »

Bill...

That's an interesting paper, indeed! The implication is that they have found an electromagnetic perpetual motion machine of the second type (i.e., one that violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics by spontaneously creating an energy differential in an region of constant energy).

The article states:
Such a current, together with the voltage, means a small but macroscopic electric power. The electronic tube is now supplying electric energy for the load continuously. One may ask, where does this electric energy come from? It comes from the heat extracted by the electronic tube from the surrounding air.
If this effect can not be rationalized by some other mechanism, then it would have to be an exception to the Second Law.

Now, I'd like to see them make some sort of practical device out of it like a small motor that could perpetually run on the energy "extracted" for the thermal energy of the laboratory's air...

Maybe the secret mechanism in Bessler's wheels involved "Bessler's Demon"! That is the secret device acted like a demon that could decide which of the weights in the rotating drum to move farther from the axle and which to move closer to the axle!

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Nerzh Dishual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Nerzh Dishual »

Hi,

As I can remember these Chinese guys have published another very interesting draft about their experiments.
Sorry, I have to dig into my huge stuff finding it.

Very best from Brest.
Ra vezo an Nerzh ganez!

Nerzh Dishual
Nerzh Dishual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Nerzh Dishual »

Here I am!

Should you be interested in, you will find at this url:
http://jeanyves.hervouet.free.fr/4Bessler/Maxwell2.pdf

An article titled: Another Way to Realize Maxwell's Demon
Ra vezo an Nerzh ganez!

Nerzh Dishual
primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Post by primemignonite »

Aah yes . . . the truly great Maxwell!

A gentle genius of a soul, and NO 'foot-in-mouth' Kelvin, he.

James
Attachments
Maxwell portrait as a youth.gif