You, Me, and Nanny Mcphee

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

digitaljez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: You, Me, and Nanny Mcphee

Post by digitaljez »

Techstuf wrote:For He just informed me that He will be here neither a moment too soon, nor a moment late.
How did he communicate this non-information ? Do you hear a voice in your head ? I believe there is medication available for that.

What exactly is your motivation for posting here ? Are you here to spread the word and save us or just parade your special status as one of God's flock ?

If it is the former you should answer the questions in a direct manner instead of dismissing them with taunts of 'juvenile', answering in riddles or just plain ignoring them. I imagine someone of your 'class' is duty bound to the first option, if not naturally disposed towards helping your fellow man. So please give us some straight answers and guide us onto the path of righteousness.

Ken has managed to depict his view of your beliefs in a clear persuasive manner, so now let us hear your side presented in the same rational manner. Rather than attacking evolution, which you clearly don't understand, and then seemingly claiming it as your God's creation with "...designed quite a system!", try and provide us with a coherent presentation of your view.

If you are going to claim promiscuity can somehow effect the genome and refer to documentation, you should provide a link to that documentation. Obviously any such link should be a reputable scientific source in order to be objective and have any hope of influencing a rational mind. If you then later have to change that claim to increased chance of STD's and do not acknowledge the fact your initial statement was poorly worded, it seriously undermines your credibility.

So are you here to gloat or save souls ?

Can you address the issues and inconsistencies that make your beliefs appear nonsensical to a rational viewpoint ?
Michael
Addict
Addict

re: You, Me, and Nanny Mcphee

Post by Michael »

Absent makes the heart grow fonder.
Attachments
heart.jpg
Techstuf
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Techstuf »

DJ, I'll leave you, Bill and anyone else so inclined, to continue to ponder the efficacy and ethics of modern pharmaceutical companies. As for being dismissive.....certainly each reader must decide for himself, though perhaps surprising to your judgement....is quite reasonable to me.

Are you here to spread the word and save us or just parade your special status as one of God's flock ?

I would not presume to be able to save you DJ. It's not my field. As for the parading of special status.....It is not my purpose to recruit envy or derision from you. My Status, such as it is, thankfully depends upon neither the intelligence Quotient of myself, nor those of your particular persuasion....but upon He whose Hand shapes the way of all men.

If you are going to claim promiscuity can somehow effect the genome and refer to documentation, you should provide a link to that documentation. Obviously any such link should be a reputable scientific source in order to be objective and have any hope of influencing a rational mind. If you then later have to change that claim to increased chance of STD's and do not acknowledge the fact your initial statement was poorly worded, it seriously undermines your credibility.
I do believe you are taking yourself much too seriously.....which is quite forgivable, as it happens to us all.

For anyone else here on the board who, like DJ, managed to misunderstand my meaning regarding the connection between STDs Genetic mutation in unborn children, I apologize for treading clumsily upon your, I must assume, professional toes. Though it is obvious that I, like most men, harbor my share of naivete', I believe common sense can often hold it's own in the face of even those would haughtily demand otherwise.

The underlying motivational impetus for sharing these viewpoints DJ, both yours and mine......I hope, is plain for at least a few to see.

Which, quite simply, is good enough for me.

God bless,

TS
As most of humanity suffers under tyrants, misled by the devil and his cohorts who've recently been thrown down here, nothing short of Yahshua, King of Kings, will remove these oppressors and bring everlasting peace.
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

If you multiply 666 by 3 you get 1998...that was the year that Osama bin Ladin declared "war" on the United States. A lot of the members of Al Qaeda are really into numerology. For some reason they seem to think that the Arabs invented numbers (they didn't) and that they can obtain special significance from them that can be used to insure the success of their attacks against the West.

It is for this reason that I'm sort of looking forward with dread to this year's date of 6/6/06 which is only two days away. It falls on a Tuesday this year and, IIRC, the original 9/11 attacks back in 2001 also occurred on a Tuesday. Al Qaeda considers the United States to be the "Great Satan" and our coalition allies in the fight against terrorism to be the "Little Satans". Thus, this Tuesday would be a very significant day, numerologically, for them to launch their next attack on American soil.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Hi Ken,
The arabs did invent the symbols we use for our numbers though and the arabs were very mathematically advanced a long long time ago compared to their christian neighbor, also a lot was done in ancient Sumeria including the invention of 360 degrees.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ken, one thing is for sure, if you make enough predictions then sooner or later you'll accidentally be correct - then you'll get to say, "see, I told you so" ;)

I predict that nothing extraordinary will happen on Tuesday - other than the usual few loons howling at the moon. I just can't wait to say, "see, I told you so" :D
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Here is one prediction that no one will be able to say it did not come true.
I predict someone will find $10.00 on the west cost on that day?
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Bill...

Yes, I do tend to make a lot of predictions...usually depressing ones that I always hope will not come to pass.

Over the weekend, the Canadian police stopped a plot involving dozens of muslims who were planning on blowing up some government building over there. Who knows, maybe they were planning to do in on 6/6/06?

Anyway, there are, ultimately, no magical powers in numbers. The danger of these numbers is in their power to energize the fanatics out there who want to commit atrocities believing that they are somehow serving destiny or prophecy by doing so.

Right now in the USA, there are probably about a dozen independent plots in various stages of maturation. As the unintercepted ones take place and lives are lost, the amount of freedom the average American enjoys will be curtailed even further. As security has to be increased on all forms of transportation and public events, cost rise and angst increases.

I predict we will have a long, hot summer of tension in the USA...Oops! There I go again!

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
digitaljez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: You, Me, and Nanny Mcphee

Post by digitaljez »

ken_behrendt wrote:If you multiply 666 by 3 you get 1998...that was the year that Osama bin Ladin declared "war" on the United States.
The fact that as a muslim he would place significance on the numerology relating to the muslim calendar not the Gregorian calendar will, I am sure, do nothing to interrupt the flow of your unconstrained conjecturing.
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Wheeler,
today is that day. I live on the west coast and I found ten dollars. This proves that you cannot make predictions because you predicted that your prediction could not be proved.

:)
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Michael
You are the finder of the $10.00 and you admit it.
I predicted that it would happen.
My prediction was correct.

I will need the $10.00 for verification :)
JB Wheeler
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Well, it's now 6/6/06 and, amazingly, nothing evil has happened...of course, the day is not over yet!

I think they released some remake of The Omen in theaters today in the US in an effort to cash in on the spooky mood this date is supposed to create in everybody. Well, we'll have to wait a while to see how well the film did. Personally, I'm starting to get a bit weary of remakes of past profitable flicks and would like to see some fresh stuff for a change.

ken

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Unless finding $10 is considered something extraordinary on the West Coast... "see, I told you so" :D

My next prediction is: a destructive cyclone (with bizarre smiley-face clouds) will hit an unnamed East Coast community sometime this Northern Summer and that, in the mad rush to escape, someone will have a banknote blown out of their wallet while trying to fill their tank with $5/gallon fuel and then someone else, probably Michael, will find a damp $10 bill on the West Coast the very next day. This dark episode will be preceded with a series of completely explainable criss-crossing passenger jet con-trails and the frank admission by a bored Lithuanian plumber that he is in fact the anti-christ.
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Bill
If you keep it up, it going to cost you $10 also.
You seem to be making things up.
Last edited by Wheeler on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JB Wheeler