Should we disallow anonymous posts?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Should we disallow anonymous posting? (Please vote!)

You may select 1 option

View results

Joel Wright
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Should we disallow anonymous posts?

Post by Joel Wright »

I thought community buzz was supposed to take control of these nuisances.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

To All, (& Hi to Michael, good to see you back)

I agree with the general sentiments expressed here. Sometimes we all need a little pressure release & distractions from every day life (go do it somewhere else though). I don't want this particular discussion board to be brought down to the lowest common denominator. It quickly looses its appeal & its worth. Make it open to view but requires registration to post. If the "guests" have something they seriously want to contribute they will register (build it, they will come :-) This discussion board is a 21st century tool that JB's contemparies just didn't have. Lets not waste it.

P.S. we don't have enough critical mass yet but thats no reason to accept all & sundry.

Regards Fletcher
Sevich

Post by Sevich »

I voted YES! ...But I'm realy gonna miss Patrick relentlessly belting the living crap out of the opposition (guest..TK) Not that they don't deserve it! I'll miss the humour..Lol Take no prisoners Patrick!
chap
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by chap »

While some of the anon posts are truly hilarious to read, it only takes a
few minutes to register, and less than that to log in to post a mesage. I have voted to make a login required to post, even though I check this board daily to read. It might cut down on some of the Peyton Place stuff.(Dating myself there!)
anon E mouse

Post by anon E mouse »

I would like to take this opportunity to give my personal endorsement to the miasma of apt statements above.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

I (almost) never log in!
If you never log out, then the next time you return the 'cookie' on your computer somehow remembers and allows you back in. I have not logged in for over a month now. Make sure you are on a private secure computer or someone else may post in your place! I set a favorite bookmark named BesslerWheel pointing to
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/searc ... d=newposts
I just click it and I'm in and quickly know what has been posted since I was last here!
How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Mikhail?

Post by jim_mich »

I've noticed that Mikhail does not log in. He seems to be a serious poster. Is there a reason? Maybe he has a serious reason to not register?
How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Good point, Jim! I would like to hear from Mikhail on this topic. Grim used to fall in this category, but he recently registered. What's the deal, Mikhail?
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Hello. (My previous msg was lost and/or deleted.)
My vote is ''yes''.
Mikhail was introduced to this group by me, at a few monthes. He says he can't understand to english without translation and he has a kind of problem that is very common on board: he needs some close attention to his conceptions. He just trys to be heard about the ideas he has. BTW, they are still not very clear to me!
Today I know that attention is too hard to be found, because everyone is self capsulated in his world and mind. Case as Mikhail's, needs attention from some *ideal* official branch. No one wants to expend phosfate and some money in alien questions. Am I wrong?
Possiblely in the future, I'll make something about this, because there are many ''congestioned'' inventors all around, and they suffer truly pression. Some day I'll say what I think about ''inventors and others''. Regs.M.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Well, so far, the community has spoken and the results are pretty convincing...

as of Jan 14, 2004 ~2:45 MST:
Yes - 76% [ 16 ]
No - 19% [ 4 ]
I don't care - 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

If I don't hear any convincing arguments to do otherwise, I will probably disable anonymous posting here pretty soon...
-Scott
Nathaniel
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Nathaniel »

Hello to all.

This is my first post, but I have been a registered user for quite some time. I guess I would be defined as a 'lurker' since I haven't contributed much to the board. However, many times when I have wanted to post, someone beats me to the punch with the idea, so I don't add my two cents.
This discussion board is awesome as far as I am concerned. This is the first and only board I have been involved with. I would agree with all the others in saying that annonymous posts have become rather annoying. It also would not be too much trouble to register if a guest would like to contribute an idea. If they feel their idea is that important, or that it could contribute to the board, they will register.
Have no fear Scott, I don't think that this will turn the masses away . . .
Remember the K.I.S.S. Principle . . .
John Lindsay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by John Lindsay »

John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt, His name is my name too...;) Just kidding
Patrick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Patrick »

Scott;
I think the banning of anonymous posts is already starting to have a positive effect before it is implemented! It is great to see new posts from people who sense the feeling of genuine comraderie that exists here. I look forward to reading many interesting/constructive posts in the days ahead. Considering that most of the world considers perpetual movers to be 'unbalanced', it's great to have a place of candid discussion for those that are open to the possibilities Bessler demonstrated.
--Patrick
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

Will all previous anonymous posts remain as they were, or will stopping more delete the ones that are already here?
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

No, no posts will be deleted.