otherhalf

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

otherhalf

Post by rounder »

I was wondering -- if someone could make all the weight balance at the top side of the wheel when at rest , and had no weights on the bottom just at the very top. what would that be considered ??
gearhead
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: otherhalf

Post by gearhead »

Balanced...
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

rounder...

That's an interesting premise. If, whenever the wheel came to rest, all of the weight somehow gathered at the top, then the wheel would be top heavy and very unstable. If it was not perfectly balanced, then it would begin to rotate and, when the wheel rotated so that all of the weight was at the bottom, it would stop. Now, if there was some way of for the weight to again collect at the top, then the process would continue and the wheel should continuously rotate.

Bessler presented several of what I call "flipover" type machines in Maschinen Tractate. Of course, they were not workable because they needed the energy of falling weights to raise the same amount of weight again during the 180° rotation.

ken
Last edited by ken_behrendt on Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rounder »

well i figured out how to make all the weights balance at the top when resting, with no other weights in the wheel and if i turn the wheel so all the weight is at the bottom it will just quickly rise back to the top on its own. i think its like an inverted pendulum but the only difference is that all the weight is at the very top with no counter weights supporting it , the weights have to rise they have no choice.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

rounder...

Well, it sounds like you have something that could potentially solve the problem of OU/PM. Hopefully, you will be able to supply us with some sketches in a future post. Inverted pendulums...hmmm, sounds interesting.

Anyway, good luck with the approach.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rounder »

Well i'm not sure what i found out here -- but it seems to me like the most promising thing i've ever found out about circular motion . --anyways -- i think i could even sell this idea all by it self as it is very interesting to watch ----------- no matter how heavy it will rise.
gearhead
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by gearhead »

So rounder the problem your having now is that the weights can't apply torque to the wheel...youv'e gotton them to the top and they sit their don't they...
Mr.Umez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mr.Umez »

Weights that won't fall down? I would love to get a few of those for my experiments!

Seriously though, you haven't said what is keeping them up (springs, bouyancy, a dog chasing the cats, etc.) so it is pretty tough to give any useful advice on how to get them down.

Just a wild guess on my part, I would say that your pendulum is weighted so that the heaviest part of of it does indeed fall down and you just made a calculation mistake about your center of gravity.

If it isn't though, keep at it! The great thing about weights is that they will fall down sooner or later!

Best of Luck,
Mr Umez
terry5732
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by terry5732 »

Hang a weight via strings from 10:00 and 2:00 with the strings of a short length such that the weight is above axle. It will want to re-center if turned.
Mr.Umez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mr.Umez »

That is true, at least the way I imagine your description. Notice that when you turn it though, that the center of gravity rolls up the string. The upright postion is the lowest resting point for the center of gravity. (At least if you are talking about what I'm thinking about)
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Sounds like something similar to MT 27
rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rounder »

its kind of odd sometimes i make it ,and all the weight say 1000 pounds will not sit at the top rather it will just sit on one side of the wheel . but it can still rise to the top very easy with a little motion ,its kind of tricky to copy and make again but when you make it right -- it will always rest on top if you bring the weight to the bottom it will fly back up in any direction altho it does have a preference to which way it likes to go -----it all depends on the angle the weights are at when you hit [ run ]. ----------- yes they sit there
Mr.Umez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mr.Umez »

Well Rounder, it sounds like you have the exact opposite problem from what the rest of us have. You have the advantage though in that you might be able to turn off whatever force is holding your weights up.

Again it is difficult to comment, but your task sounds like how to turn your uprighting force on and off. That's the problem the rest of us have with gravity. If only we could figure a way to temporarily turn it off :)

If I had a device that worked as you speak, I would rest the top weights on some fixed barrier and try lift the rest of the device around the weights and then let the whole apparatus fall. Then you could then let it upright itself again.

Hope this helps
Mr.Umez
Attachments
Rather than move the weight down, move the apparatus up. (animated gif)
Rather than move the weight down, move the apparatus up. (animated gif)
rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rounder »

well now ithink its just a sim error sometimes - it works other times it does not
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

You should post a screenshot so we can test it too .. I don't think your idea will be ripped off, since you are associated to it by posting it, you are acknowledged as the creator..

Well I hope so, I posted several of my ideas pubicly . ..