WM2D - object collision question

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

rmd3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WM2D - object collision question

Post by rmd3 »

Anyone,

Do you know how to (in WM2D) make objects collide in one part of a model but not collide when they are in another part of the same model?

Happy Besslering,
Randall
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

re: WM2D - object collision question

Post by ken_behrendt »

Randall...

I assume that you mean something like having two circles collide with each other in one section of a container, but pass over each other in another section.

Generally, I do not know of any way to do this. Either, at all times, two parts collide or they do not collide. However, there might be some tricks that can produce such a "selective" collision parameter. Perhaps you could set the parts to not collide at all times and then somehow apply constraints to them that would make them collide at other times. Double left click on the constraint and that will bring up it Properties window. At the bottom of that window you must UNcheck the box under the Active When part. In the field below that enter something like t<5 which will only permit the particular constraint you are using to be active for less than 5 seconds. You might have to experiment a bit, but you might be able to make this approach work.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, &#969;, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle &#966;, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(&#8730;2)&#960;d&#969;cos&#966;
rmd3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rmd3 »

Thanks, Ken. So far no luck with what you suggest, but that's something I hadn't learned regarding WM - so I'm happy anyway. So thanks again.

-Randall
rmd3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rmd3 »

Ken,

I think I can use formulas to move the object when it reaches a certain position and them have it's mass 0 until the time I need it again.

Not the prettiest thing though, eh? Whew!

-Randall