When to announce success?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

re: When to announce success?

Post by Wheeler »

Ralph
I must be a very, very darn good Craftsmen, for I can take a piece of pipe, two end caps, two springs, two marbles and a couple of faucet seat gaskets and build a compressor in less than 45 minutes!

Good job!
I forgot to specify and that was my point.
To specify details requires some thought, design, and understanding by other sub contractors. Building is easy once you have the raw materials machined into shapes that will work in your air compressor.
My point is that you do not have to make the materials from scratch, and if you did, it may take you longer than 45 min.
If I was to of given you a design, that I wanted to have you or I to build, like a Ingersoll Rand 4 stage compressor, with a 8 hp three ph. Motor, you may take longer if you had to start with raw materials.

You did support your build by doing theory. Your single piston compressor can be assembled faster than a working design can be completed on Wm2D.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: When to announce success?

Post by primemignonite »

Wheeler wrote:From my experience building is slightly more work than conception and theory?
Anyone think different?
Wheeler...

I assume that this question is still alive.

I would say that it would have to vary according to the individual. I almost never build anything. I am most comfortable with conceptualizing and drawing. I do this with a 'draw program', not a 'paint program'.

Yes, I only build when I am sure a device will work or, that I can get it to. This prevents much disappointment from accruing.

For myself, the building part is similar to what giving birth might be like: painful at first, less so in the middle and well worth it in the end, even if, like a child, the attempt doesn't work all that ideally in-the-aggregate.

This pursuit is an obviously uphill one; no need to add to the frustration by half-cocking things in ill-conceived, physical 'builds'.

James
Cynic-In-Chief, BesslerWheel (Ret.); Perpetualist First-Class; Iconoclast. "The Iconoclast, like the other mills of God, grinds slowly, but it grinds exceedingly small." - Brann
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

James...

I certainly agree with your philosophy...now that is. In my youth I spent much time trying to build designs that looked good in a sketch. Now I will only build designs that look good in a CAD program! Big difference.

I think physically building a model has the advantage of training the inventor to use various tools and techniques and to select the proper materials for the build. Of course, there is always the chance that one's physical model, based on a sketch, is "the" one that will work, so this method must not be too lightly dismissed. It did work for Bessler.

However, after one has spent decades building unworkable models, it's time to "graduate" to doing things a bit differently. Obtain the free download of WM2D and invest the few hours of practice needed to become proficient in using this super easy, user friendly CAD program. If that is done, then one will soon find himself graduating to the next level of mobilist. That is, he will find himself processing for feasibility a dozen designs in the time it would ordinarily take him to physically build a single one and test it. And, should he be so very lucky as to find the secret mechanism Bessler used, then he will have to requisite skills needed to execute a precise, working physical model of it...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Where would we be if it were not for WM2D. I probably would have given up by now .
How great is it that you are able to do a virtual build of an idea ? To be able to modify and re arrange things effortlessly. Display spring tensions , bearing loads and force vectors, etc etc.

The disappointment is still there when an idea of yours does not lead to success, but the pain that would be felt had you tried your idea the old fashioned way is not experienced.

J B did it the old fashioned way though, didn't he?
What an amazing feat , what a guy. What a shame .

Graham
james kelly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james kelly »

I , WE will report success when all members of our company are prepared to do so. It is quite possible that we will all be meting very soon. and to most on this forum , that will make no difference at all. as far as we are concerned all except a very select few can scoff and jeer all they want to. myself, I am getting very used to it.jim k.