?

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

Ed
Addict
Addict

re: ?

Post by Ed »

to.late wrote:I'll probably getting the new fixture built for warping boards this weekend. Then I'll be able to start waqrping boards. That will take some time.
Go ahead. You may find that they are not the only things warped. :-)
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

That's what my Internal Medicine doc told me. He thought I should get off the drugs.
Didn't have much to say when he found out I was right Go figure.

dited to add;
@All,
Mt 138 is one of the drawings I am talking about. A and B are different views of the same thing.
Look from left to right and you will see the round parts on A line up with lines on B.
http://www.orffyre.com/mt121-143.html
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: ?

Post by to.late »

Ed wrote:
to.late wrote:What is more telling than the translation is found in Besler's drawings.
What you don't seem to realize is that, unless you can read hand-written old German, you have to rely on someone translating the text for you. I should think you would want an accurate translation. If not, then it seems you are trying to force the "clues" to line up with your thoughts.

As for your YouTube video, people don't have a problem with your workshop being your dresser, then have a problem with you starting this thread saying you have realized Bessler's wheel. Can't you see that?

Anyone, not just you, coming into the forum claiming to have a working device better be able to start showing something soon after, or else they are just blowing smoke and people won't stand for it, because it effects them too. Everyone who makes a claim and then never proves it just further tarnishes this field.
Ed,
I do need to disagree with you. Anyone familiar with hydraulics would realize the potential of this design.
Even an understanding of how torque allows for acceleration or the ability of it to be converted to power would recognize the potential.
I need to believe most people who pursue somehting like this can not do a proper stress analisys. If they could, they would realize that when the weights come together at the axle that they incurr little counter torque. As such, most of the monetum developed by the over balanced would be converted into force, f = mv by Newton. Some people in here discount his work.
And force can be converted into momentum, m*v^2=m , Liebniz, another person whose work I have seen discounted as being to technical.
And I make this field look like it is for cranks ? I am not a crank because I do not leave credible engineering standards at the door as something to difficult for myself to account for.
But if you do a stress analisys, you'll find the weights on the long levers use minimal force while creating maximum potential. Something ignored by experts who have not studied nor pursued engineering. Being a desk jocky doesn't count. To politcial.
it;s like saying I worked for the government and we built the levees around New Orleans. They failed as expected. And they did. To some, failure is acceptable.
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

Ed,
to make you and your friends happy, I think I will quit building.
As someone in here once posted, things repeat themselves.
And I think my physical health is more important. I could be wrong about that. Have been about everything else.
As for mental health, as Ab hammer has said, he things I have brain damage. In reality, he is right. That is the reason i have trouble walking.
Being ran over by a van going 50 mph will cause some problems. I do however walk 10 to 12 miles a day at work. Sometimes difficult, but still, I like my car so I get'er done.
I thnk Alan is a lucky man.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ed, it seems the 'warped boards' translation error has embedded into the landscape. The message should be clear to most, if not all.
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

to.late, nobody said you should stop building, but if that's what you want to do then knock yourself out.

Bill, yes it's hopeless and it's too late for me to care anymore.
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

ovyyus wrote:Ed, it seems the 'warped boards' translation error has embedded into the landscape. The message should be clear to most, if not all.
Warped and brain damage have the same conotations.
Which one are you refering to ?
it does seem that Ed has embedded them into the landscape.
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

ovyyus wrote:Ed, it seems the 'warped boards' translation error has embedded into the landscape. The message should be clear to most, if not all.
Warped and brain damage have the same conotations.
Which one are you refering to ?
it does seem that Ed has embedded them into the landscape.
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

Ed wrote:to.late, nobody said you should stop building, but if that's what you want to do then knock yourself out.

Bill, yes it's hopeless and it's too late for me to care anymore.
ROFLMAO
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

"warped boards" is a translation error - Bessler never said it! But don't let that stop you now :D
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

to.late, using cancer as a shield doesn't win any favours from me. I had a friend who had to sleep in a chair, then standing up due to a terminal cancer. He didn't complain once about the pain, and even near the end, he endeavored to help his friends with mechanical problems with their cars.

Whatever problems I have pale in comparison to that of my friends, and even though he has now passed, he is an inspiration to me.

There are those that use their problems as an excuse, and those that perform to the best of their ability, despite their problems.

Kaine

PS All the best.
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

Kaine, don't you understand? In addition to the cancer he also got ran over!

Http://www.YouTube.com/v/rOuvW8rMoGo

Damn, it's no silo explosion but he still must have had to teach himself to hear and feel pain again!
to.late wrote:I do however walk 10 to 12 miles a day at work.
You're not a hamster working for a cosmetics testing facility are you? That might explain all that walking at work, your infatuation with wheels and the brain damage. :-)

to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

Tarsier79 wrote:to.late, using cancer as a shield doesn't win any favours from me. I had a friend who had to sleep in a chair, then standing up due to a terminal cancer. He didn't complain once about the pain, and even near the end, he endeavored to help his friends with mechanical problems with their cars.

Whatever problems I have pale in comparison to that of my friends, and even though he has now passed, he is an inspiration to me.

There are those that use their problems as an excuse, and those that perform to the best of their ability, despite their problems.

Kaine

PS All the best.
Kaine,
One of the reasons I mentioned it is because some people have held me to expectatins they themselves can not meet.
I did do what I could.
After all, missing a lot of work meant I did not have money to build with but was still expected to build.
Now ? My financial situation is better. I can relax and enjoy the build.
Maybe on Monday I can post a pic of the set up I'll be using to curve some boards. After all, wheels are round, usually.

ovyyus,
The main reason I am going with this type of build is I think it fits a lot of the clues very well.
This was posted earlier in the thread >>"... In fact in the periphery [of the wheel] here and there small 'normal' beams were attached, which on rotation of the wheel ~it was evident~ were quite clearly perceived to be hit by weights. I have noticed those small beams [while] looking through a crack, although from a distance. ..."

The small beams are described as 'normal' which I think means at right-angles to the tangent of the wheel rather than meaning 'usual'<<

It is possible that the small beams were support beams. What was not mentioned is whetn the beams that were perceived to be hit by weights, did they move ?
If so, then why ?
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

to.late wrote:...What was not mentioned is when the beams that were perceived to be hit by weights, did they move ? If so, then why ?
You didn't mention if you have a cat. Does that mean you have a cat?
to.late
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by to.late »

I am willing to accept that I wong.
I guess if what I am working on works, then it is my wheel.
At least nobody will be able to say I was out to discredit Bessler.