Poll related to: "Big Troubles Brewing For The Theoretical Physics Smart-set"

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

What do I name such a machine

You may select 1 option

View results

JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: Poll related to: "Big Troubles Brewing For The Theoretical Physics Smart-set"

Post by JUBAT »

I'll tone things down a bit. I think I've made my stance widely known, and until there is a runner...I'm right.

Feels good sitting in my throne of rightness.

Carry on ye minions!

I'll try to share more skepticly productive ideas...like my figure 8 weight idea I'm gonna test tonite.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: Poll related to: "Big Troubles Brewing For The Theoretical Physics Smart-set"

Post by WaltzCee »

Did a little AI probing.
Me: How through out history can some people be so religious and with unreligious actions.
Dear Me,

Could you kindly define 'religious'?

Sincerely,
Reality
Last edited by WaltzCee on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Still want to talk about religion???

When I say that “I believe in religion”, what I mean is that I believe in the sense of community where everyone strives to be their best socially, similar to the principles upheld in many religions."

Are you being the best Christian you can be?
What goes around, comes around.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

daxwc wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:33 pm Still want to talk about religion???

When I say that “I believe in religion”, what I mean is that I believe in the sense of community where everyone strives to be their best socially, similar to the principles upheld in many religions."

Are you being the best Christian you can be?
Sir, you brought up the subject. Ah, now I see your point. You want folk to adhere to your religion.

Having made the point about your religion, you state:
  • Still want to talk about religion???
and framed it as a question. You're laughable.
Last edited by WaltzCee on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Clarkson
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

WaltzCee wrote:Is there a geek in the house who would like to stop changing the subject or mischaracterizing the points?
Attempts at gaslighting probably isn't the best strategy on a forum where everyone can look back and see what was actually said, and in the context it was said. You can only edit your history here for a few minutes, then you live with it. Let the chips fall where they may.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Not being one to jump to conclusions, I reserve the right to take this gentle readers points under advisement and revisit them at will, in perpetuity.

I think there are enough religions on Earth and am not to welcoming to the invention of a new one. Besides, the man of perdition is in charge of that department.
daxwc wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:00 pm Did a little AI probing.

Me: How through out history can some people be so religious and with unreligious actions.

ChatGPT: Throughout history, there have been instances where individuals who profess religious beliefs have engaged in actions that appear contrary to the principles and teachings of their respective religions. This phenomenon can be attributed to a variety of factors, including the complexity of human nature, the influence of cultural and societal factors, and the potential for individuals to interpret religious teachings in different ways.

1. Human Nature and Fallibility: Humans are complex beings with a wide range of motivations, desires, and flaws. While someone may claim to be religious, they are not immune to the temptations, biases, and shortcomings that all people possess. Even deeply religious individuals may struggle with their own personal weaknesses and fail to live up to the moral standards set by their faith.

2. Interpretation and Selective Adherence: Religions often have sacred texts or teachings that can be open to interpretation. Different individuals or groups may interpret religious doctrines differently, leading to variations in beliefs and practices. This can result in some individuals emphasizing certain aspects of their religion while neglecting or downplaying others. They may selectively adhere to the parts of their faith that align with their own interests or desires while disregarding those that conflict with their behavior.

3. Cultural and Societal Influences: The cultural and societal contexts in which individuals live can shape their behaviors and actions, sometimes superseding the religious principles they claim to follow. Societal norms, political factors, and historical events can exert significant influence on individuals' actions, even if those actions appear to contradict their religious beliefs. In some cases, people may use religion as a tool to justify or legitimize their actions, even if those actions are not inherently religious in nature.

4. Hypocrisy and Manipulation: Unfortunately, there have been instances throughout history where individuals in positions of religious authority have been hypocritical or manipulative. Some religious leaders or institutions have exploited their positions for personal gain or power, using religion as a means to control or manipulate others. Such individuals may engage in unreligious actions while professing devoutness to their followers.

It is important to note that the actions of a few individuals do not necessarily represent the beliefs or practices of an entire religious group. The majority of religious individuals strive to live according to the principles of their faith and make positive contributions to society. However, it is the presence of these inconsistent individuals that can lead to the perception that some people are religious in name only or exhibit unreligious actions despite their professed beliefs.
Walter Clarkson
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Walt: You're laughable.
Maybe; banter in jest is one thing but there is a limit; people other than yourself have rights too.

Walt: You want folk to adhere to your religion.
From my understanding we are of the same religion unless you started your own side sect of Christianity.

You seem to be avoiding the question. “Are you being the best Christian you can be?”

PS: And if you are not a Christian are you being the best person you can be of the one you are of?

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Daxwc, GPT missed a category:

5. Mental Defect.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution ... d_religion

I have an idea for a new religion.
The church of perpetual motion :7)
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

You seem to be avoiding the question. “Are you being[ the best Christian you can be?”
We'll get to this.

All religions are man made.

I'm curious what Puritan standard you're wondering I'm lacking in.

You come across as a wiccan Christian.
Walter Clarkson
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Why does every discussion forum seem to have someone that fills the hole of online bully or someone who engages in antagonistic behaviour in online forums?
This was a serious question that ChatGPT didn’t answer, because I myself sometimes fill this role if it is open in the online community.

I'm curious what Puritan standard you're wondering I'm lacking in.
4. Hypocrisy and Manipulation: Unfortunately, there have been instances throughout history where individuals in positions of religious authority have been hypocritical or manipulative. Some religious leaders or institutions have exploited their positions for personal gain or power, using religion as a means to control or manipulate others. Such individuals may engage in unreligious actions while professing devoutness to their followers.

Last edited by daxwc on Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

in the market place pretending to be one of free & open debate, this
  • This was a serious question that ChatGPT didn’t answer, because I myself sometimes fill this role if it is open in online community.
seems to be a case of deceptive advertising. Learn what it means when my client magnifies his word above his name.

Stop humiliating yourself.

::: sharpens pencil :::
Walter Clarkson
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Walt: Learn what it means when my client magnifies his word above his name.
"I understand the importance of magnifying one's word above their name. However, I believe true faith should also be reflected in actions. It's not enough to simply speak the words; living by the principles we preach is what truly matters."
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

eccentrically1 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:58 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution ... d_religion

I have an idea for a new religion.
The church of perpetual motion :7)
;7) it'll never take off ..
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

I've once mentioned my favorite Greek thinker is Euclid. I think I'll steal some prior art from the dead religious cult, puh•thag•or•ist.

DISCLAIMER: I STILL LOVE YOU EUCLID. WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS.
Last edited by WaltzCee on Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Walter Clarkson