How Difficult can it be?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by rasselasss »

This is my reckoning of the "all seeing eye"movement in the previous page sketch....rough mock up to show swivel action...whether its of any use to us is debatable...
Attachments
all seeing eye movement 002_opt.jpg
all seeing eye movement 003_opt.jpg
all seeing eye movement 001_opt.jpg
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

To contain the swing of the "bob"and try to control and use C/F which has a chaotic effect on this design i attached a "spring blade"...to give a rebound effect to the "bob"..........i can't help thinking "if"the bob was say 1/2 a cwt.and a sturdy rod to the fulcrum with a sturdy structure it would work alas i've not the time or inclination to try......i have had some success with this simple mock up but not conclusive....
Attachments
spring assistance 001_opt.jpg
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Does anyone have any information about Pathfinder,the last i heard he was ill.his postings ,builds and computer simulations were fantastic and held the interest to our topic of Bessler enormously....i would be grateful to know how he is.....Thanks.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by Senax »

rlortie wrote:No fee, very few commercial breaks, if sometimes any!
Pick your artists or genre and build as many stations as you wish. I currently have 36, Play one or click on shuffle.

https://www.pandora.com/station/play/616375563168009341

Right now the Ventures are playing Baja...
Not available in England, unfortunately. :-(
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Ô Marie, conçue sans péché, priez pour nous qui avons recours à vous.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by Art »

rasselasss wrote:Does anyone have any information about Pathfinder,the last i heard he was ill.his postings ,builds and computer simulations were fantastic and held the interest to our topic of Bessler enormously....i would be grateful to know how he is.....Thanks.
He was such a compulsive builder and poster , - it doesn't look too good that he just quit cold turkey like that .

His last post was Nov 15 2014 and his last visit was Dec 3 2014 .

The only suspicious thing I can see in his posts is that he said in a post on Aug 17th that he had just spent time in "far south of Italy in Lecca and Otranto " .

Isn't that Mafia country ! ?
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Deleted.
Last edited by raj on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep learning till the end.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Art and Raj,thanks for that much appreciated.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

The above is interesting reading books for those in N.Z.(my reason for being there)and whilst there visited cousins in Hawkes Bay where i came across the wooden carving with moving all seeing eye pendulum an artifact from the old masonic hall in Poverty Bay.....i hope those interested enjoy the books....Good Luck.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Hey rasselasss .. grew up in Gisborne (Poverty Bay) and passed that Masonic Lodge a thousand times probably. Of course I wasn't looking for anything special in the iconology on that building back then.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Fletcher,i really loved Ahuriri the Art Deco buildings were fabulous as i've said in numerous posts the Bessler solution is hidden in plain sight,we are just looking in the wrong places and its simple or why would he cover it with so much confusion(red herrings)everywhere dead ends call it what you will....you grew up in a lovely part of the world ....Good Luck.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

To verify my statement,most folk look at old buildings churches etc. and see their beauty or comment on their ugliness and look at their dedication nameplate,they don't see the stone masons mark he left, its only by looking for it can it be found,its there and when shown to you ....its in plain sight
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

With all our designs always the problem is to gain Mechanical Advantage to overcome friction of associated parts to give us a working machine....If i remember correctly Wolff examined or was told by Bessler,there was eight weights about 4 lbs.each in pockets evenly spaced around the circumference inside the wheel........What (a big if)if they were lodestones he would in essence have a type of electric motor (hub dynamo in link above )the only problem i would envisage is how to fix a stationary stator although i don't think it would be impossible.....just some thoughts to pass the time....
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Here is the description rass.

http://www.orffyre.com/quotes.html

Thanks to Bill for his great site from which Wolff's account is taken.
When Orffyreus exhibited the extraordinary machine which he had built, to refute the malicious rumours being spread that it is fraudulent, I was deliberately present. The mechanic, Gartner, in particular, who is so famous for his many celebrated mechanical inventions, has distributed in public a copper-engraving on which is a slanderous picture showing how Orffyreus' machine was moved by means of a cord from an adjoining room. We have demonstrated that in reality Orffyreus' wheel is far removed from any such deception. The investigation was conducted in the presence of representatives from the Court of the Duke and other guests. When the machine was ready to rotate, all adjacent rooms were opened and the bearings were completely uncovered. To prevent anyone accidentally seeing the internal structure of the machine, he covered it. Whilst he did this, he did not disguise the fact that the mechanism is moved by weights. Several such weights, wrapped in his handkerchief, he let us weigh in our hands to estimate their weight. They were judged to be about four pounds each, and their shape was definately cylindrical.

I conclude, not only from this but also from other circumstantial evidence, that the weights are attached to some moveable or elastic arms on the periphery of the wheel. During rotation, one can clearly hear the weights hitting against the wooden boards. I was able to observe these through a slit. They are slightly elongated. When he put the wheel onto another support and reinstalled the weights in their previous positions, he pushed down on an iron spring that gave a loud noise as it expanded upwards.

I therefore presume that there is no doubt that the wheel is moved by an internal source of power, but we cannot necessarily assume that it is perpetual. Furthermore, the machine may be of little value to the public unless it can be improved. At the moment it can lift a weight of sixty pounds, but to achieve this the pulley had to be reduced more than four times, making the lifting quite slow. The diameter of the wheel is about twelve feet, and as well, the bearing was quite thin, about one quarter of an inch and only a sixth of its length was subject to friction.' - Christian Wolff, letter to Leibniz, examination of Merseburg wheel, 19th December, 1715.