Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Sterling Allan No Longer Heading Peswiki

Post by primemignonite »

Over at PESwiki things are happening.

It would seem that Sterling Allan has now exited the leadership position there.

Sterling Allan passes PES baton to Aaron Willis

http://pesn.com/2015/01/12/9602591_Ster ... on-Willis/

I'd read on the home page a confession/lamentation of a sort by Sterling Allan, which seemed a very sad thing to me. One has to read between many lines for the essence of the intense difficulty he finds himself in, but this now seems to have disappeared.

I have always admired Mr. Allan for what he did and the way he did it, as a real gentleman of honest, gently-probing investigation of all subjects-PM, his style being uniquely his own.

I think the chap deserves some support, and likely would be uplifted some by a note or two of it.

J.
Cynic-In-Chief, BesslerWheel (Ret.); Perpetualist First-Class; Iconoclast. "The Iconoclast, like the other mills of God, grinds slowly, but it grinds exceedingly small." - Brann
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Sterling Allan No Longer Heading Peswiki

Post by rlortie »

James wrote:
I'd read on the home page a confession/lamentation of a sort by Sterling Allan, which seemed a very sad thing to me. One has to read between many lines for the essence of the intense difficulty he finds himself in, but this now seems to have disappeared.

I have always admired Mr. Allan for what he did and the way he did it, as a real gentleman of honest, gently-probing investigation of all subjects-PM, his style being uniquely his own.
Sorry to disagree; his style was not always uniquely his own. His confessions and lamentations so to speak are overdue. I have never forgave him for plagiarizing my work, and giving credit to a friend for work I posted on a now defunct forum in the early 1990's while working in collaboration with Bill Muller on his high frequency motor- generator.

Ralph
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Hi,

I hope now I can get my website address removed as I requested, or maybe I will not need to now, I most say I was not impressed with my dealings with him, and will leave it there.
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Post by primemignonite »

Regarding the two previous posters above and their contrary views, I know nothing of any such personal matters or issues as they do, or may have had with SA.

What I do know of him was that his interviews and appearances on various broadcasts dealing with PM, seemed ones exemplary, these being such as to attitude and investigative procedure, and personally interactive measure. (Also, his general demeanor seemed a thing rather well-honed.)

As far as this one writer is concerned, at very least, he comported himself in a gentlemanly way, and appeared as a credit to the more rational pursuit of the thus far unattainable.

(This same, unfortunately, I could not in any such way apply to certain of posters active on this site.)

I never had any personal contact of any sort with the fellow; I shall continue to wish him nothing but well.

James
Cynic-In-Chief, BesslerWheel (Ret.); Perpetualist First-Class; Iconoclast. "The Iconoclast, like the other mills of God, grinds slowly, but it grinds exceedingly small." - Brann
Oxygon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oxygon »

Peswiki and pesn have been abandoned for months now... I have sent many emails and gotten nothing back.

Its a shame that alot of stuff there was lost/non-carried thru in the newest format before it was abandoned...

It was a huge reservoir of what's known out there and its dead now.

Anybody heard anything I have not?
"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds."~ M. Twain.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Its a shame that alot of stuff there was lost/non-carried thru in the newest format before it was abandoned...

I've had this concern for some time. My concern is with Dr OhNo. What is going to become of all the work he's done when he has to leave and as I suppose goes home to meet my client. (or as some imagine, what ever).

Who's going to pick up the shtick when the mighty Ovus leaves us. I know I misspelted it.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Boo
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

So what happens to your site, ovyyus? What's the plan? Is it for sale? :)
  • Estimated website worth of www.orffyre.com is $ 159.00 and daily income from Ads is $ 0.20. IP address of website is 110.232.141.226. www.orffyre.com has a Global ranked 14502225 in the world. Daily estimated unique visit is 22. The domain length of orffyre.com is 11 characters including extension.Total back links of orffyre.com is 0 and total bandwidth is 0.01 GB. The extension of orffyre is com.
Heck, I'd give you twice that.
Walter Clarkson
Oxygon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oxygon »

Peswiki.com and Pesn.com are deceased... Does anybody know of any other news aggregators out there like they were? Overunity.com is bad and some of what I find out there on the internet is more garbage/spam than not.
"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds."~ M. Twain.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Sterling Allan No Longer Heading Peswiki

Post by Grimer »

WaltzCee wrote:So what happens to your site, ovyyus? What's the plan? Is it for sale? :)
  • Estimated website worth of www.orffyre.com is $ 159.00 and daily income from Ads is $ 0.20. IP address of website is 110.232.141.226. www.orffyre.com has a Global ranked 14502225 in the world. Daily estimated unique visit is 22. The domain length of orffyre.com is 11 characters including extension.Total back links of orffyre.com is 0 and total bandwidth is 0.01 GB. The extension of orffyre is com.
Heck, I'd give you twice that.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value ... wheel.com/

Mmmm.... $3k......Not bad.

Better than a kick up the arse, as the saying goes. :-)
Attachments
BessWee worth.jpg
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

I'll just look up my granddaughter's website.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/bloglovin.com/

Bloody Hell!

If I owned that I'd sell it and retire!!!
(Unfortunately she doesn't)

What am I talking about? I AM retired.

I'll forget my own head next.
Last edited by Grimer on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

How much will Bessler Wheel be worth when
it's realised that PM was discovered here? :-)
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Sterling Allan No Longer Heading Peswiki

Post by Grimer »

Oxygon wrote:Peswiki.com and Pesn.com are deceased... Does anybody know of any other news aggregators out there like they were? Overunity.com is bad and some of what I find out there on the internet is more garbage/spam than not.
Overunity is bloody awful.

As a matter of fact this website is the one I have found easiest to use. Maybe it's because I'm so used to it.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Grimer wrote:How much will Bessler Wheel be worth when
it's realised that PM was discovered here? :-)
My question is how much will GM be worth when The Don is done tweeting about it?
Today doesn't look like the best time to buy but it also doesn't look like the worse.
It pays a dividend, low PE. One could do worse. For instance selling www.orffyre.com
for $3k usd. It would cost that much to get a skeleton of a site together without any content.
Bill's content is where the cheese is. I think he'd give it to a friend or family before he'd sell it
at $3k. Who knows, maybe the 2nd mouse might get into the wheel (will). . .

Bessler Wheel? $3k would be insulting too.
Walter Clarkson