IQ needed for solving Besslers challenge?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

What IQ is needed to solve Besslers challenge?

You may select 1 option

View results

Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

IQ needed for solving Besslers challenge?

Post by Oystein »

I read an article about IQ.

It said that an IQ of 130 seemed to be the threshold for becoming a noble prize winner in science.

Solving Besslers challenge will probably give a person a noble prize.

So, do you think it is likely that the re-discoverer of Besslers secret holds an IQ of 130 and above? This value correlates firmly with the threshold for Mensa membership.

So what do you think?

Multiple choices/options are allowed!
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

re: IQ needed for solving Besslers challenge?

Post by Tarsier79 »

IQ testing is BS. I had a friend who upped his IQ score by studying an IQ-test-for-dummies book.

Different people are often smart in different ways and you cannot compare "apples with oranges". I know my own weaknesses, and try to work to my strengths.....TRY;)
Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oystein »

Yes, you are encouraged by Mensa to try some tests to be prepared for how the tests work. The thing is that you will not find the same assignments to cheat the system! So we must assume that all the people does this normal preparations before starting the testing.

If not, how comes that the study found that the common thing was that the prior Nobel prize winners had from 130 IQ scores and above?

If you are right, they should not find this correlation?

PS! They also encouraged the participants to sleep well the night before, and eat well prior to the testing. It will add to the score.

The average score of 100 is adjusted to match the average results. In this way, everybody can`t increase their IQ by preparation! Because the average IQ of 100 will always be the average score of all participants..
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Just an unsolicited personal information.

Back in early 1970's, following my participation in a national quiz competition by MENSA in the London Evening News, while working as a foreign exchange supervisor in Barclays Bank, in the City, I was offered membership to Mensa.
Unforyunately, I did not take the offer.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.
Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oystein »

Why come that is unfortunately? And for whom?

What kind of quiz are we talking about?
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

It was not an academic quiz.
It was what I can remember, some pictorial, designs, drawings, observations,
Lots of criss-cross lines, dots, geometrical figures, requiring to find absurdities etc etc.

No text questions.

Its so long ago.

It was a series weekly quiz for several weeks.

IT was a PROPER IQ Test quiz, for getting membership to MENSA.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.
Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oystein »

So then there is just hard work left then?
Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oystein »

My real point is that it exist information "out there" that you can add together to make new conclusions that we may need. Making such conclusions may be vital to solve the most important mystery in the world.

This was just an example to prove that there is information available that tell us that we most likely have to have about 130 in IQ score, or above to be able to bring our research all the way to a Nobel Prize level discovery like this.

We can already say that there is something true about it. Of course we can`t expect an IQ of 75 to solve the age long problem, can we?

But then, there also have to be hundreds of other circumstances matching up, but a chain is never stronger than the weakest link.

If we take this even further:

Studies have showed that raising your Vo2 max capacity (oxygen in air to cells transportation, including brain) also raises your IQ! Every 10w of increased output wattage at Vo2 max give an IQ score increase of 1.

So by proper training you may increase you IQ by lets say 10 points or even more. The reason is probably that the brain is allowed to consume more oxygen when your body has proper access to it. Thus you can concentrate harder and longer without falling out of concentration.

Second conclusion:
Hard Vo2 max training may contribute to solving the age old problem....

The information is out there...if you look and combine.

And so is a lot of other information regarding Besslers work, his peers and the methods they used.
jdelaney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: IQ needed for solving Besslers challenge?

Post by jdelaney »

Oystein wrote:I read an article about IQ.

It said that an IQ of 130 seemed to be the threshold for becoming a noble prize winner in science.

Solving Besslers challenge will probably give a person a noble prize.

So, do you think it is likely that the re-discoverer of Besslers secret holds an IQ of 130 and above? This value correlates firmly with the threshold for Mensa membership.

So what do you think?

Multiple choices/options are allowed!
Not sure on the Nobel prize but Milkovic has won numerous awards for his pendulum because it helps poor people.
still, I voted doesn't matter. Bessler left enough drawings and clues. I think it's more a matter of working at it. Then when someone learns some of what Bessler knew, I think that'd give them a chance at realizing Bessler's work.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

merriam-webster wrote:Intelligence
(1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason; also : the skilled use of reason
(2) : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)
The keywords here are "new" and "apply".
As new-knowledge needs foundation, there's consequently old-knowledge. In this process of acquiring, it will get easier to find knowledge which is already tried and tested. In this line of thinking I could argue that someone who easily learns new knowledge will drop in Intelligence.
For example, it only requires knowledge to detect a fibonacci-sequence; It's only intelligent when one learns it during some IQ-test.
So only when one stays on the edge of knowing/not-knowing as some curious child and keep playing one will gain intelligence;- Let's call this delta-IQ.

I guess when during a project all kinds of knowledge-pieces fall together the delta-IQ could be (let's say) +10% in IQ points; then it slowly drops back to some nominal value.

Perhaps an above 100 is more helpful.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

I have found that people with less than 100 IQ tend to not do much unless they have to.

Those with above 100 tend to tinker more often thus have a shot.

Those with above 130 tend to start making things more complicated but with more vision with how it may turn out. But they need to keep a clean outlook and don't let the book learning get in the way but use it to their advantage.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
jdelaney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jdelaney »

You know what's funny Alan ? If you didn't mind working with other people, me and you could've had a working perpetual motion machine years ago. Remember your air bubble design ? And when I modified it, you said your work was as is.
Yet you don't want to make any money being successful. And for all you say about your medical issues, probably wouldn't have any if you would've worked with me on that one design. After all, nothing complicated about 2 opposing weights dropping causing water to be moved because one weight is pumping water and the other weight is syphoning it.
Bessler has a drawing like that as well. Kind of why I wonder about you. Passing up an opportunity so your life could be better. And yet the one thing you could not say is that you were successful because you were willing to work with someone. I don't think I'll ever understand you.
jdelaney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jdelaney »

easy enough to modify this drawing so it doesn't use levers. At that point, it becomes an invention that can be patented on Bessler's work. And money from such an invention would help the inventor(s) if they want money for something.
just place a weight below a bellow. Then at 45 degrees (1:30 0'clock), the weight would have the bellow open. This means the opposing weight collapsed that bellow.
If 1 lb. (1/2kg) weights are used, then 2 weights could move 1lb. or 1/2 kg of water easy enough. and the volume of each bellow would equal the volume of 1/2 lb. or 250 grams.
Not complicated but have to wonder, how much brains does it take to pass up opportunity ?

As drawn, Bessler's drawing would not work. and rubber can be glued together to make a bellow. and then a clamp like what is used on a radiator hose or even wire can secure it. can't get much simpler.
Attachments
180px-Mt_125.jpg
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

J. You never learn. Please accept my red dot.
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Lol
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.