Perpetual Motion is Impossible

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

daxwc
Addict
Addict

Re: Perpetual Motion is Impossible

Post by daxwc »

This video is already 10 months old. I have heard there is AI now that can mimic the image and voice of anyone to where you can't tell who you are talking to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNvj7ku5pY
What goes around, comes around.
phj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by phj »

daxwc wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 pm This video is already 10 months old. I have heard there is AI now that can mimic the image and voice of anyone to where you can't tell who you are talking to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNvj7ku5pY
Yes and there's this impressive new one you can try for free: https://voice.ai/ai-voice-changer
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbiKKdZTO9I&t=379s

BTW a cool site where you can find and download the latest in AI-tools: https://www.futuretools.io
PHJ
agor95
Addict
Addict

ChatGPT irony

Post by agor95 »

daxwc wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:24 pm
According to some sources, OpenAI is working on a big GPT-5 upgrade for ChatGPT,
The irony is OpenAI is a closed software produce; some sources say.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

https://youtu.be/qbIk7-JPB2c

It will improve in the future, but it appears the limitations are quite significant at the moment.

Simple math errors, inability to plan and reason. Not really AI yet...
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Fletcher wrote:B. was a product of his time and education, and habits. He would have ingrained subconscious "tells or reads" that AI would see right thru. Nothing would be out of reach or hidden as it probed into yours or his psych.

** Pulling the belt buckle a notch tighter lol.
It'll be interesting to see how we each get diagnosed. Some are less obvious than others without a good AI probing :D
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

LOL .. a trick-cyclists xmas programming the AI bot.

Forensic hand writing analysis is already a main stay of crime investigation - and can give age, sex, and many more tells including embellishment and untruths with a high level of accuracy IINM .. And that's not analysing the context, grammar, structure, abbreviations etc .. While writing is a conscious act the process itself is not, and is full of patterning and reveals individual personality.

** Snow flakes, crazy people, forgers, and charlatans look out.

B's. handwriting and context might be quite revealing, even if unwittingly. Altho I tend to think translations might reveal equally as much about the translator lol.

AI could analyse the source in the source language first hand.

Interesting times ..
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Fletcher wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:50 am
** Snow flakes, crazy people, forgers, and charlatans look out.
Don't say things like that. We have so few active members as it is ;)
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

phj wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:22 pm As long as AI only operates within the framework of our humanly adopted laws of nature, we will continue to receive the following answer (this from ChatGPT):

Making a perpetual motion device is impossible according to the laws of thermodynamics.

The first law of thermodynamics, also known as the law of conservation of energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted from one form to another. This means that a perpetual motion device, which would continue to operate indefinitely without any external energy input, is impossible.

The second law of thermodynamics, also known as the law of entropy, states that the total entropy (a measure of disorder or randomness) of a closed system will always increase over time. This means that as a machine runs, it will eventually lose energy to friction and other forms of heat dissipation, making it impossible for it to continue running indefinitely.

Together, these laws of thermodynamics mean that perpetual motion devices are impossible and any claims of such devices should be viewed with skepticism.
That's the crux of it phj .. the prevailing scientific thought (and evidence) is that a runner has to conform to the Conservation Laws of Energy and Momentum. Whilst also subjugating to the Laws of Thermodynamics which are an expansion of the Conservation Laws and Symmetry Theories.

And that creates a big problem to explain a runner for anyone thinking it is just using gravity force and breaking symmetries, as the runner self-sustains and/or outputs energy/work. Where does it take the energy from, and what is continuously depleted of energy accordingly ?

So unless a runner can show that the "Laws" don't have symmetry and are deficient to explain a runner then ChatGPT will continue to give the same answers until new evidence and analysis proves otherwise and is accepted (with a new Law).

Laws of Thermodynamics :

Zeroth law

The zeroth law of thermodynamics says temperature is an empirical parameter in thermodynamic systems. It states the transitive relationship between the temperatures of multiple bodies in thermal equilibrium. The law says:

If two systems are both in thermal equilibrium with a third system, then they are in thermal equilibrium with each other.

First law

The first law of thermodynamics is a version of the law of conservation of energy, adapted for thermodynamic systems. The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed. It can also be stated in the following form:

The energy gained (or lost) by a system is equal to the energy lost (or gained) by its surroundings.

Second law

The second law of thermodynamics says that some things can't be undone after they are done. This indicates that entropy is real. It states that, in an isolated system, entropy can increase but cannot decrease. It can be stated as follows:

Natural processes tend to go only one way, toward less usable energy and more disorder.

Third law

The third law of thermodynamics can be stated as:

A system's entropy approaches a constant value as its temperature approaches absolute zero.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

A bull shit law got up by scientist and critics alike, because they are too stupid to figure out how to do it. The thing that has always bothered me, is; how pleased they are with it; that it can't be achieved--------------------Sam
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

They are kind of smug about it Sam. However it seems an irrefutable point
a very smart guy once wrote:I operate on the physics approach to analysis. You boil things down to the first principles or fundamental truths in a particular area and then you reason up from there.
I see a only 2 responses:
  • a) Produce a cogent mathematical proof or
  • b) Build it.
I think I can produce the algebra for a) but to check the math I'm in the process of constructing the analog computer to assist me, option b).
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Waltcy, I know, I'm a snowflake----------------------------------------Sam
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Topic Title : Perpetual Motion is Impossible

Considerations to designing a purely mechanical PM runner ..

A. Laws of Thermodynamics

B. Newtons Laws [ vector forces (which push or pull on objects with mass) ]

C. Understanding Conservative Forces and Non-Conservative Forces

Simple examples of force fields and forces as apply to PM mechanics ..

A conservative force field .. is one in which if an object moves thru a circuit and ends back at the starting point, no net work is done. i.e. any energy you have to put in, you get back.

e.g. In the absence of friction and air resistance, a ball would be able to be released from a vertical height on a slope and to roll downwards under the influence of gravity force and then turn thru a valley arc and roll up the next slope and naturally come to a stop at its original vertical height. This is an example of a conservative gravity force field and a conservative force which is path independent.

Non-conservative forces .. dissipative path dependent energy losses ..

e.g. Now imagine a bucket full of thick paint or other viscous liquid. With a large stick and moderate effort you stir it clockwise 10 full rotations and let it settle. Then you vigorously stir it anticlockwise 10 rotations and let it settle.

The paint does not un-stir itself and rotate the stick for you ! All the energy you put in stirring one way, you don't get back by retracing your actions. In fact, in this case you have to put just as much energy in again to reverse the action. i.e. it does not give back the input energy for a zero-sum no net work done calculation i.e. dissipative energy loss in both directions.

Hope that adds further context and perhaps understanding to the discussion ..

FWIW ..

Energy is the Capacity to do Work ..

Kinetic Energy is the Energy of Motion ..

Potential Energy is the Capability to do Work ..
Last edited by Fletcher on Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Thanks Fletcher. I only raise the possibility if the thermodynamic law is broken under quantum conditions there is a slight chance it exist in the classical one. I mean we now know birds use entanglement where we thought there was never any chance it would arise in the classical world (@ 45: 37 in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyfNxspBfsc
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

fletcher wrote: Non-conservative forces .. dissipative path independent energy losses ..
Path dependent.

So a consideration to consider when designing a pm device is choosing the path of least resistance.
Not that it matters ; non-conservative forces always win.

Mechanical runners can’t overcome this, unless they’re connected to an external power source. Heat, pressure.
We’re not discussing the right MT’s.
Imo we need to focus on what could have been that external power source ; especially so because the
Kassel wheel apparently overcame its non conservative forces.