TV Show

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Will you watch the TV show?

You may select 1 option

View results

beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TV Show

Post by beapilot1 »

I am back! (Under new username)

I am seriously considering producing a TV show called, "Perpetual Motion Machines." I've had interest in doing it in the past, but didn't have the time nor resources.

Due to the right time in today's world of needing green energy more than ever, I thought this would be a good time to do it.

I need to know who would be interested in watching the TV show.

We will teach physics like Bill Nye the Science Guy, put them to the test like Myth Busters, and give some documentary about some past PMM claimed inventors like Bessler. Here and there, there will be quirky innovations for the fun, and possible experiments that people can do at home.

Please post if you're interested in watching it. Not guaranteeing you it will occur. Just need insight on viewership.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

I am back! (Under new username)
What was your former incarnation?
I am seriously considering producing a TV show called, "Perpetual Motion Machines."
Could be interesting. Perhaps call it "Inventive machines".
Invite some inventor/engineer to showcase something.
You could make blocks of "past", "present" and "future", permutated with "Theory", "Practical" and "DIY Exercises".
And --important-- include some humor and a good looking assistant.
I'll watch.

Some issues:
I guess broadcasting will remain within some territorial border, and we would be considered lucky when arriving to the Netherlands at least a year (or two) late.
I don't have a TV for 14 years now (internet is sufficient enough).
I always seemed to be in the wrong time and place to continually watch shows or series; luckily there's not much to miss; especially time-stretching-advertisement (even when relevant by accident) is one thing I can happily do without.
And when I do try they're probably half-way season 2 when I notice it's 'on', then pushed away by some sports-event, after that rescheduled at some less convenient moment, then cut-off half-way because of "seasonal-changes", and then simply discontinued or just restarted at some arbitrary moment.

Perhaps start a Youtube-channel?
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: TV Show

Post by beapilot1 »

Former:
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/profi ... ile&u=1409

I forgotten my password to it and because I abandoned the email I used with that account, I can't easily retrieve the new password.

Thanks for the feedback. Humor is needed and will be present. As for good looking assistant, it has to be PG. No flashy bikini models.

The YouTube channel is the last resort, because they gain the least viewership and least income. Goal is to attract new people.

Think of Gold Rush for example (it is a reality TV show), who knew they would be very successful for simply digging dirt to prospect gold?
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

As for good looking assistant, it has to be PG. No flashy bikini models.
But you still need a way to 'grasp' the nature of gravity acting on "weights"; a 'difficult' problem :-)
Well ok, let's make it "easy on the eyes" then.

Anyway, good luck.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Well welcome back beapilot

ME

I have worked with beapilot on some of his ideas before. They didn't run but they where not half bad in trains of thought.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by beapilot1 »

I'm a mechanical engineer now. So, I pretty much know my stuff.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

There goes the problem,,you think you know,,one small problem your college professors were wrong! Lol
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by beapilot1 »

What's nice about my professor is that he said that there is no known device that will create a perpetual motion to generate more energy than input, therefore, the theory is still correct. A theory is not a fact, but based on assumptions mixed with observational sciences. So, there is a chance. That is all we need in the show. A chance of success so that our viewers will be thrilled to try it themselves.
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

I thought you wanted to be a pilot. So you settled for mechanical engineer instead. Too funny.
there is no known device that will create a perpetual motion to generate more energy than input, therefore, the theory is still correct.
The theory is not correct. There is no theory about how bessler's wheel worked. There is only conjecture and guess.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory?s=t

theory: a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothesis?s=t

hypothesis: 1) a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
4) a mere assumption or guess.
apparently not.
Due to the right time in today's world of needing green energy more than ever, I thought this would be a good time to do it.
In case you haven't realized it yet, no one has a working wheel. Your TV show would have to be about all the failed attempts. It would have to be about people with a common belief.

Why does the world need a TV show about it when there is youtube and whole forums devoted to the subject?
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by beapilot1 »

I thought you wanted to be a pilot. So you settled for mechanical engineer instead. Too funny.
Why is it funny? I disqualified automatically to become a commercial pilot due to hearing loss at the age of 5.
there is no known device that will create a perpetual motion to generate more energy than input, therefore, the theory is still correct.
The theory is not correct. There is no theory about how bessler's wheel worked. There is only conjecture and guess.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory?s=t

theory: a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothesis?s=t

hypothesis: 1) a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
4) a mere assumption or guess.
I am glad that you went further to explain to people what a theory is, which proves that my statement is still valid, as it should be.

apparently not.
Because I decided not to be a pilot?
In case you haven't realized it yet, no one has a working wheel. Your TV show would have to be about all the failed attempts. It would have to be about people with a common belief.
I am glad that you basically grasp the general understanding of the show. Secondly, viewers are not limited to common belief. There are many people who are unaware of what perpetual motion is and such that no device is out there. What I should make clear is that a theory is partly an assumption and partly observational sciences, things that can be repeated over and over in present time. The assumption part leaves room for hope so that my viewers, if they are enthusiastic, can hope to build one and be the first.
pequaide
Devotee
Devotee

Post by pequaide »

I would be happy to send you a cylinder and spheres machine; if you would like one for your show.
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by beapilot1 »

I would be happy to send you a cylinder and spheres machine; if you would like one for your show.
Thank you. However, at this stage, we are not currently collecting right now. I will keep you in mind.

Thanks and God Bless!
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

I'll try to get a runner so that the film will have more to show. ;-)
beapilot1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by beapilot1 »

Out of curiosity, who is willing to loan their PMM as a prop during the show? If so, please submit pictures and the height of the machine.

Also, who is interested in being a guest inventor on the show?
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

Hi,
I'd probably watch your show but may quit building for a while. have other concerns at the moment that are more important.
There is a principle in physics that allows for perpetual motion, it's conservation of momentum.

>> the quantity called momentum that characterizes motion never changes in an isolated collection of objects; <<

This means that if a machine works perpetually, then it and the Earth are a collection of objects and are an isolated system. It simply means that the Earth would be transferring some of it's own momentum via gravity to an object in it's isolated system.

http://www.britannica.com/science/conse ... f-momentum

And at the moment, I am making new bellows that conform to hydraulic theory for my Bessler Mt 125 build. While I could buy bellows, if I keep building, then learning wood working will be required.
If you do make a show, you could use this if you want. It's what I'm making the new bellows for. I don't know if 8 ounces of water in a bellow will be enough to rotate it. And with something like this, it does need to be researched and developed.
Attachments
IMG_20160209_155243_235.jpg