What is your view on Superstring Theory?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

What is your view on Superstring Theory?

Post by Silvertiger »

I'll break it down the way I see it:

"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."

If this is true, then why is superstring theory called a theory and not a hypothesis, or more accurately, a philosophy? If we can't observe it, and can't experiment with it, then how can it be classified as a theory, let alone a testable hypothesis based on observation? And to point out the obvious, if there are more than three dimensions, the lowest number being four and the max being ten or eleven, then we MUST assume (based on what we CAN see, and thereby satisfying the hypothetical requirement of the scientific method) that one or more of these are macrodimensions just like the space we exist in. Yes, there MAY be microdimensions, but this "guess" does not satisfy the scientific method for establishing theory. Until it does, it must be considered philosophy.

And so, if there WERE any extra macrodimensions of space/time, then we would see extradimensional objects ALL around us. (This should be a "given" in any experiment requiring a 3d "control" to be tested against extradimensional "independent variables.")

Any such objects and/or lifeforms would be on the ground. They would be in the air, and in the sea. They would be all over the place. They would be moving around. Some would be silent, some would make noise; others light, and others sound and light. We would see lifeforms indigenous to our planet existing in all these dimensions. These objects and lifeforms would be observed, depending on the number of extra dimensions, at a minimum of four, to grow and shrink in size, and we wouldn't see all of one thing at once, just the portion of it that intersects our space.

How does superstring theory address the issues of skating around the scientific method, in favor of a philosophy based completely on mathematics?
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
agor95
Addict
Addict

re: What is your view on Superstring Theory?

Post by agor95 »

Hi Silvertiger

What a good post. Superstring Theory [Theology] will not get to a Bessler Wheel this side of eternity.

I think the Superstring Theory was create to get around the problem of infinities.

Those are present with point in space and time.

I wobbling loop is not a point and in theory a loop could wobble into two loops
without changing from one loop into others in an infinite small duration of time.

An example a ball going around a circle seen edge. Were the ball moves left to right.
But it does stop and travels back.
The moment it stops is an 'infinite small duration of time'.

However drop in a third dimension like looking from above and that point in time no longer exists.

Call this dimension creep; see an infinity add a dimeonnsion.

Another point a Theory is an abstraction above a hypothesis. That is were you need to put a statement forward, explain how to test it is true. Then show now in can be used to predict the future.

However if you want how in can go all wrong. Then check this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis.

Another trick is to have a really small size that can not get any smaller.

P.S. Objects intersecting our Three Dimensional existence is another conjecture.

All the Best
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Wikipedia wrote:Acceptance of a theory does not require that all of its major predictions be tested, if it is already supported by sufficiently strong evidence.
And therein lies the prerequisite qualification that Superstring Theory is missing. It satisfies neither condition: it cannot be tested, neither is there any "empirical" (hint, hint) evidence whatsoever to support it. It has already been accepted...without evidence, and without being tested, which of course takes me right back to the scientific method.
Last edited by Silvertiger on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Now, here's the irony of it all: there is direct observational evidence of a fourth spatial dimension that intersects at 90 degrees to the three that we experience. The irony is that physics will not consider it, because it comes from theological sources, and thus is not even considered to be credible, let alone "empirical." These observations occur in abundance in the Bible and its apocryphal canon texts. It even supports the existence of up to thirteen dimensions, which would allow for the credibility of Superstring Theory!

In the Bible, the earth (ground) is inscribed as a circle upon the face of the deep (ocean). It has a vault of the heavens above it, physical support columns beneath it, and various levels in between. Enoch, the seventh from Adam, was given a tour of the Earth and the heavens by the four head-honcho archangels: Gabriel, Michael, Rufael, and Uriel (and other angels also). He was shown the way that God saw them and laid them out, and from everything written, from God's perspective, it is as flat as a scroll, and the Bible even states that towards the end, the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll.

In the world shown to Enoch, it was the entire 4-dimensional guided tour, plus the ten dimensions of heaven. On this 4-dimensionally flat creation, there were MANY things and places that were shown to Enoch that we simply cannot see on the normal sphere.

As a few examples of things shown to Enoch upon the Earth that we cannot see: the gates of the winds, three on each of the four corners of the earth. When one was opened, we had fair weather. When that one was shut, and the other two opened, we would have violent catastrophic winds and weather. He also saw the Garden of Eden, and how the Tree of Life's branches covered the expanse and breadth of it. He also saw the Tree of Wisdom and its many varieties of fruit and unfathomable fragrances. He saw seven mountains upon different parts of the Earth, the seventh of which was the mountain containing the Throne of Christ that would bear him witness to all of mankind upon his return. Note that upon his return, suddenly He can be seen arriving from every point on earth...something only possible in 4 dimensions. These are but just a FEW examples among hundreds.

He is also given a tour of the ten vaults of heaven (ten dimensions), each containing an entire existence within its bounds, seemingly with different sets of physical rules and scapes.

These observations would account for the earth being seemingly flat and vaulted, as well as simultaneously being spherical and surrounded on all sides by the cosmos.

Even Noah knew the difference, for he perceived the sphericity of the earth and was fearful on the day it tipped its axis, thinking the flood would come before he was done building the ark.

Now, think fourth-dimensionally with this exercise:

Curl your hand into a ball by touching all of your fingertips together. That is our 3-d world. Now imagine space and the cosmos surrounding that. Now, let's say that your fingertips converge in the center of Antarctica. That will be our frame of 4-d reference. Now, unfurl your hand slowly until it is completely flat, and in your mind follow the oceans, the continents, Antarctica, and the cosmos and see where they are located. Antarctica now surrounds the continents and the oceans, Beyond that region is an unseen region, square in shape, representing the sides and corners and gates and portals. The 3-d version of the cosmos is now flattened above the earth as well. So now we have a 4-dimensional representation of Earth. However, now that the earth is 4-dimensionally flat, the vaulted heavens above us that include the stars has curvature, and therefore has physical representation in the fourth dimension. We can only see this vault in three dimensions...not four.

And within this fourth dimension PLUS the other nine, we have thirteen total dimensions, the other nine being parallel to the fourth, and they therefore do not intersect.

From my worldly point of view, I posed the question. "why do we not see and experience objects and creatures in everyday 4-dimensional life?" The answer is...because we are not supposed to. Canon speaks of the fourth and more dimensions. However, the caveat is that it was designed to be this way. We are not God, and we are not 4th-dimensional beings like the angels, who CAN and DO exist that way, allowing them phenomenal "powers" and manifestations upon the earth. It allows them to go instantly from one place to another. It allows them to appear or disappear at will. All they have to do is intersect our three dimensions to appear. And it allows things to exist upon the earth, such as the Garden of Eden and the Seven Mountains and the gates of the four winds, and the pillars of the earth, that cannot be seen because they no longer intersect our other three dimensions, when once upon a time they did.

All I know is: the evidence is there aplenty, but physics is not allowed to go anywhere near it...because to do so would be to validate intelligent design and the existence of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

And YET...the way that everything is described in the bible and the apocrypha aligns perfectly with the thought experiments that scientists have conjured to explain how we would look to a 4-dimensional creature, and how we would perceive the fourth dimension. Think of the 2-D Flatworld experiment. Think of the Shrinking Alice experiment. In the fourth dimension...we are as flat as the proverbial pancake.

99.999% of all people completely dismiss these dreams, visions, and direct experiences and observations out of hand. But they don't seem to have a problem with it when we supplement the wording with "aliens" and "interdimensional beings" and "other forms of life." They imply that angels do not qualify, which disappoints my scientific mind greatly.
Last edited by Silvertiger on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

String theory is just a tool (I think just part of information theory) in the attempt to quantify and register the total amount of information of physical quantum stuff: Speed, Mass, Position, Charge, Spin, Momentum, etc...
Then you can simply count when you are missing something, even when it's converted to something completely different.
We know from Einstein that Mass has an energy equivalent for instance, Thus writing down an energy level instead of mass does not actually alter the amount and value of information.
For example, a parabola needs three vectors to describe it. No more, no less.
You can describe it with three points in space, or three parameters in a quadratic equation, or two points where one has an additional velocity vector, or a position vector plus an acceleration direction and a distance traveled....
I think that's a useful theory...

So how is it stored?
... euh? Let's hypothesize a vibrating multidimensional thingy?
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

You're right in that it is a tool. But the tool was created out the desire to travel vast distances in the blink of an eye, and out of that desire came the multiverse and wormholes. What I'm talking about is the more classical variant of one universe that has more than four dimensions...and it's called superstring theory, which is fundamentally different from string theory.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Acceptance of a theory does not require that all of its major predictions be tested, if it is already supported by sufficiently strong evidence. For example, certain tests may be infeasible or technically difficult. As a result, theories may make predictions that have not yet been confirmed or proven incorrect; in this case, the predicted results may be described informally using the term "theoretical." These predictions can be tested at a later time, and if they are incorrect, this may lead to revision, invalidation, or rejection of the theory.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Except that in this particular case, there IS no sufficiently strong evidence...there is no evidence whatsoever. However, what makes this case so very particular is what I stated earlier in more words than these: that there IS sufficient evidence, and that the evidence is observational as well as physical, but that it's in a place that they are loath to look, and that's just for the very small minority who might actually know WHERE to look, and then by some miracle connect the dots. So...from their own perspective...there is no evidence whatsoever.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Awesome thanks for the link...fringe theory, that's what it is, but I couldn't think of the terminogy lol. :)
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi

Here are two links for anyone is curious

http://www.scriptural-truth.com/images/BookOfEnoch.pdf

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/egy ... index.html

Note.

I purchased a pizza and went home. Then I remembered the oven is broken.
So the pizza went into the fridge.

The electrics are shot, no light, no fan and no heat in the oven.

So I focused on reading Enoch and in the process became hungry.

I was eating a hot crispy pizza when it dawned on me.

The oven is working, but it was broken?

I thought it was prudent to finish Enoch's Book before going to bed.

P.S. Be grateful for what you receive.
Last edited by agor95 on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I've been working on a translation of certain scriptures in the bible since 2018. I can't elaborate on which ones atm. But one of them was very interesting. It said that when Jesus descended into the earth to bring his covenant to the people of old, that he descended into the "region of the support columns."
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi Silvertiger

You might find this relevant.

http://projectavalon.net/Fallen_Angels_ ... rophet.pdf
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I don't see how agor. It's a conjectural thesis, and detracts from the topic and delves into religious politics, a subject that is well to be avoided. Just as a sidenote...reincarnation implies that the angels at some point died, which is not true at all...it was their offspring of giants, and their human wives, who were judged and destroyed; and their judgement came from God, communicated to them by Enoch. Furthermore, the angels who committed the act of contaminating humanity were chained up in the lowest hell so that they could never return to mankind, whereas the angels who did not commit these acts, but who did rebel with Lucifer, were imprisoned in the realm of darkness to await their judgement. I mention this because their prison of darkness is one of the ten dimensions of heaven...the second heaven to be precise :)