First prototype made

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

Jonathan
Addict
Addict

re: First prototype made

Post by Jonathan »

I agree, which is why I won't reveal anything I got after I signed the nondiscloser, unless you post it here first, at which point that particular facet becomes public knowledge. And in this sense I am doing you quite a favor, because the agreement we had is almost certaintly not legally binding. I will explain for others: since there are nuts out there, and for other reasons, I didn't want to include my last name. I asked about this before signing the agreement, and he said it was fine. After sending the agreement, and after he told me confidential things, I got an email from him. Apparently he had opened the nondiscloser I sent and seeing only a first name, he was requesting that I resign it with a full name. I told him no, and that it is too bad that he's changed his mind, and too bad that he didn't look at the nondiscloser before giving me the info. Not that the video which was sent before the nondiscloser left much to the imagination. It's not clear, but there's not much to see in the first place.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Behind the scenes...

I've also signed a non-disclosure with Darrell so I also will only post and discuss things AFTER Darrell discloses them here..

Darrell has sent me a number of videos, pictures, and dimensional information. The videos and pictures show that he has build four wheels. I fully understand how his wheels are built. My calculations show his wheels do not 'keel' and when started turning should continue to turn UNTIL friction slows them down. I've talked with Darrell and he says his wheel speeds up! But most of the short 3mb to 5mb videos he sent me show his wheel slowing down? One video of his 3rd wheel shows his wheel starting by itself but it is a poor quality video showing only part of the wheel. Not enough is shown to prove anything.

More later, I've got to run...

VANDUGEGS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VANDUGEGS »

Jonathan,

You wrote: I got an email from him. Apparently he had opened the nondiscloser I sent and seeing only a first name, he was requesting that I resign it with a full name. I told him no, and that it is too bad that he's changed his mind, and too bad that he didn't look at the nondiscloser before giving me the info.

I rest my case?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim,

Thank you, IÂ’ll catch you later.

Take care,

Darrell Vandusen Sr
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

A PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. MAYBE THIS IS WHY IT HAS TACKEN TWO YEARS.
Darrell, that's just plain insulting. Let me explain why.

Your nondisclosure agreement is legally full of holes and your offered proof of claim is no proof at all. You have disclosed your design to me and several others yet nobody is ripping you off. That's a fact that requires no trust or belief from you.

Are we all trustworthy enough that we feel ethically obligated to honour your agreement even if it is legally (more to the point actionably) void? It would appear so.

You have asked for money from me on more than one occasion and you have asked for my support and my time. I have been patient with you and have offered my support and time but I will not give you any of my money UNTIL, as I have already told you, you provide proof that your machine works as you claim it does. You can't do it.

I know your design well enough to have sent you a full layout drawing of all it's parts and relationships as derived from your various photos and video footage and conversations. You agreed that my drawing was correct.

Why am I not rushing to build this design and steal it from you? Let me answer that for you:

a) Your design does not work as you claim it does. That means you are either lying or you are self-deluded. If this were not the case then you could support your claims with substantial evidence - not fuzzy photos and incomplete and misleading video clips.

b) I am not a thief.

Why should I trust YOU? You ask for my money and help yet you offer no proof of claims in return. You keep coming back to me to see if I've changed my mind as though I may be prepared to forgo evidence in favour of blind faith. It ain't gonna happen. Are you prepared to forgo evidence in favour of blind faith? I don't think so.

IMO, your actions are extremely suspicious and if I was the rash man that I was in earlier days I might be tempted to publicly detail my dealings with you in the belief that maybe others out there might benefit in some way. Lucky for you I am so much more moderate these days :)

Trust is not the issue, although it does make for a timely distraction doesn't it.
VANDUGEGS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VANDUGEGS »

Bill,

If you look at the time on the posts, there is a 3-minute deference.
I cannot type that fast.
Most importantly, my post was in no way intended towards you.

From: Mr Vandusen, A person now thinking of leaving this forumÂ…
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

OK Darrell, that's fine. But trust is still not the issue here and you can not wholly attribute lack of trust to your difficulties over the last 2 years.

You still have not answered my question:
Why can you not provide video footage of your wheel self-rotating for more that 1/4 of one rotation?
Will you take the easy option and back away from this discussion or will you rise to the challenge and set forth your case properly?

IMO, if you genuinely believe your machine works as you claim it does then you will find a way to prove it. You're still stuck on first base.

Find a proof Darrell - that's your only real problem. Can you do it? I don't think you can. Why don't you prove me wrong!
Trev
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Trev »

I see etjoe and Darrell are in the same part of Canada, maybe etjoe could sign a non disclosure and go and see the wheel in action to confirm or deny it works for the rest of us, that would certainly help Darrell's case if it's genuine?

Trev.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

I thought that Darrell had finally made the 'BIG BREAKTHROUGH" when I read his post. Now I see that there is a cloudy past to all this .

It's quite sad really that he appears to be "having us on"

Why Darrell why ???
epistemologicide
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by epistemologicide »

hello all, and greetings from fiji!! i am on my fathers resort enjoying a short holiday, and looking over the power needs of the resort that need changing with many options.

well i signed a non disclosure and didnt even get to see a picture or process or a video!, so think of your selves lucky compared to me :D

well said oxy!! i have to meet oxy in real life one day.

i am still going to take this oppertunity to get a device and or process (ie: from georgs patents) of this nature placed here on THIS resort. people have opened up to me and i intend on helping them. i can talk to many resorts (as my parents know all of them and have been here for years) to get other peoples devices under consideration for the resorts here in fiji.

darrell, people that dont open up and should be able to tell who to trust will get no where or ripped off. all my offers still stand, but i can only remian intersted in some thing if its is there.

i will be here for another week.

just trying to help. (i think you need enouragement, and some one to give you some guidence, so find them, and or stop stagnating in the same pattern).

regards

epi
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Re: re: First prototype made

Post by jim_mich »

VANDUGEGS wrote: I could also send you the video tape of the six footer, from 2 years ago, it is 16mb.
Darrell, you have told me you have many videos of your wheels. And I've asked you send me a two minute or longer good quality video tape showing your wheel self-starting and turning. You have my home address. You can send it UPS or FedEx or Parcel-Post. Any of these methods can have a return-recept.

That 16mb video would be about 45 seconds which would show a number of revolutions from which it might be posible to determine if the wheel is increasing or decreasing in speed but I would prefer about two minutes or more of tape.

Darrell I'm sorry I missed your phone call today. Too many errands to run my first day back from vacation.

I've made complete drawings for a three foot diameter wheel based on Darrell's wheel. It is slightly different but should work the same as his. I want to double check one aspect of the mechanism before building it. That should take just a few hours. Then if satisfied I'll order material and it will take a few weeks to make parts.

Darrell, when I make your wheel to the drawings I've sent you and if the mechanism functions properly, then Will your wheel self-rotate producing excess power? Or will I be left with just a nice looking piece of art?

racer270
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by racer270 »

WELL...AA....I SIGNED ALSO...BUT IT'S YOUR STAGE MR. V.....

IT'S TIME TOO STEP-UP TO THE PLATE.......AND SHOW THE WHEEL.

MR. V.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: First prototype made

Post by scott »

jim_mich wrote:Darrell, when I make your wheel to the drawings I've sent you and if the mechanism functions properly, then Will your wheel self-rotate producing excess power? Or will I be left with just a nice looking piece of art?
Hi Jim, do you have any reason to believe that Darrell's wheel will behave any differently than this one? (see attachment)
-Scott
Attachments
does_not_work.gif
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Scott,

There are both similarities and differences. That is the problem, I can't say 'for sure' exactly how Darrell's wheel will behave. When you look at the wheel which you posted here and analyze it as a static wheel then it is balanced. So is Darrel's wheel. But as the wheel turns you get inertia involved then things get more complex. Then throw in some other misc. factors like flimsy spokes and materials which should be rigid but might be springing and flexing? Also Darrell's out-right insistance over and over that his wheel works? What if Darrell is right? I feel I'll probably be constructing just an 'art object'! There is also a very small slim chance that Darrell might be right.

Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

To clarify, or for someone to clarify for me: It is my understanding that the picture that started this thread, and the drawing Scott just posted, is not the design of the wheel which is claimed to work.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

That 16mb video would be about 45 seconds which would show a number of revolutions from which it might be posible to determine if the wheel is increasing or decreasing in speed but I would prefer about two minutes or more of tape.
Jim, the best video Darrell could show me was 12.5 Mb and about 54 seconds long. However, only the last 10 seconds show the wheel starting to turn, very slowly increasing for a bit over 1/4 of a revolution (120 deg to be exact) and, just before the clip ends, the wheel is slowing down.

Imagine this... you have finally managed to create the long sought overbalanced self-turning gravity powered wheel... you have a video camera and lots of time to document this momentous event... you then completely fail to capture any useful footage of the wheel tuning under it's own power!!!

Something does NOT add up here!