WM2D Downloads Section

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

What do think of my mechs?

You may select 1 option

View results

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

WM2D Downloads Section

Post by Silvertiger »

I drew some mechs in WM2D for download if anyone is interested. Do you have any good mechs? If so feel free to share on this topic. :)

List of Mechs:

1. 2:1 Ratio Gear Set with Motor and Control
2. A 6'x6" Generic Rim
3. Pentagonal Rim
4. Bessler Rim
5. Snail Cam
6. Ratcheted Axle
Attachments
Ratchet Axle.wm2d
Hook THIS baby up to your driving wieght, your prime mover, your flywheel...WHATEVER. If you have a runner, be prepared for a full simulation to take longer than 24 hours. She's a slow starter, but she's got it where it counts.
(28.37 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Snail Cam.wm2d
Snails are yummy...or so they say.
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Bessler Rim.wm2d
What's this you just spotted? OMG...must...make it...spin. O.O It's definitely YOU.
(13.36 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Pentagonal Rim.wm2d
Because it looks cool. Nuff said. Go on and try it...you know you want to...it's almost as fun as LEGOS...almost.
(15.72 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
6x6 Rim.wm2d
Everyone wants a rim! Cuz with a rim, you can do...you know...stuff. Yeah.
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
2-1 Gear Set.wm2d
Physically drawn gears at 2:1 ratio using ANSI involute curve standard.
(126.24 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Last edited by Silvertiger on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

re: WM2D Download Sections

Post by AB Hammer »

Thank you for posting them. I don't need any but other might have a use for them. And yes that one did look cool.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Thanks Ab. Hmm tough crowd these voters lol. Btw if anyone downloads the gears mech I forgot to switch the sim accuracy to "fast." Do that and it will run smoothly.
agor95
Addict
Addict

re: WM2D Downloads Section

Post by agor95 »

Hi Silvertiger

Thank you for sharing your sims.

Unfortunately some members have not purchased
the software to run your free presentations.

Do not be surprised with a low poll rating.
Just look at historic poll result numbers.

Remember virtual model builders is one skill group here.

It would be good if the text translators rated how the model is Bessler compliant. i.e. What clue are present.

Also it would be good for Physical model translators rate how practical it is to build. With positive requests in context to a model.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Yes, not everyone has WM. The gears seem to be the most popular download; then the ratcheted axle lol.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I have a couple of updated mechs here. I have had a great deal of trouble creating rims in AutoCAD and importing them into WM2D, as WM likes to shear the edges, but I now have a simple two-piece rim. (I eventually had to add a grip and drag it to specification). The other mech is the simplest ratchet in the world...only one spring.
Attachments
I designed a simpler ratchet to use on my mechs. One spring only; saves a lot of computation time!
I designed a simpler ratchet to use on my mechs. One spring only; saves a lot of computation time!
Simple Ratchet.wm2d
(15.32 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Simple Rim.jpg
Simple Rim.wm2d
(10.58 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I finally figured out how to draw a rim in one piece. Here it is for download.

Rim Dimensions: 36" inside dia X 40" outside dia X 8" Dia Axle.

Two options: one has a crossbar and the other has a backboard.
Attachments
Pics
Pics
36iD x 40oD Rim x 8D Axle 01.wm2d
Has a backboard support
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
36iD x 40oD Rim x 8D Axle.wm2d
Has a crossbar support
(11.56 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

Hi Silver.
Here's some code I've been working on lately. It draws a ring, but it draws it in two parts, then you have to join the sides together with a keyed joint or anchor them.

Copy the text from the attached file and paste it into the script editor (or change the extension from TXT to WBS and load it into the script editor).

Change the variables in the main subroutine at the end:
NumSides =
OuterRadius =
InnerRadius =

NumSides is the number of sides each half of the ring will have.
e.g. NumSides = 2 will create a square
NumSides = 4 will create an octagon
NumSides = 30 will look like a ring.
OuterRadius and InnerRadius can be whatever you want.

I think I got the bugs out of it, but there is no error checking (e.g. outer radius < inner radius or numsides = 0 etc.)

... come to think of it, I could probably modify the code to draw it with one polygon, but that's a project for another day.
Attachments
Draw_Ring.txt
WMBasic script to draw a ring (or a hollow polygon).
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

Couldn't get this thing out of my head. Here's the ring code updated for a single polygon and with a start angle added. You can also modify the center point of the polygon. This time the number of sides is the actual number of sides of the polygon. If you use it to make a ring, don't set numberOfSides too large. If you use 360, you would have a polygon with a side every degree which is probably overkill. I haven't tried it in a wheel build yet, so I don't know how it will react to other objects.

BTW, I need to thank Marchello for posting his ring code back in 2005 or so. It helped.
Attachments
Draw_Hollow_Polygon.txt
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Thanks for the upload Wubbly. I just use AutoCAD and import the drawing into WM. Before, I could could only draw it in two pieces, but yesterday I finally drew it as one piece. At least now users have your option as well as mine. :)

Edit: I am still on my several-years-long hunt for a buoyancy force script, as well as, at the very least, a script to draw a force between two objects. WM can only draw forces between the background and another object. The ability to draw an object and use it as a mobile background would also work.
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

I have had a great deal of trouble creating rims in AutoCAD and importing them into WM2D, as WM likes to shear the edges, but I now have a simple two-piece rim. (I eventually had to add a grip and drag it to specification).
Is this how you solved the problem? Add a vertex to the polygon in WM2D and drag it to the desired location?
I tried the AutoCAD DXF route and it sheared one of the edges of the polygon when I imported the geometry into WM2D.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Pretty much. Another method is to create two halves - one top and one bottom I believe. Only one half gets sheared but the other is fine. Then you can delete the bad half and copy and rotate the other.
Gregory
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Gregory »

Hey guys,
Here is also a sub() I created a while back. You can draw any circular arc segment you like, just setup the starting parameters to your choice. It can also add positive/negative chamfers at the end of the arc, might be useful for some special parts.
Attachments
arc_creator.txt
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Hi Gregory. I attempted to run the script twice. Both times it crashed WM and forced the program to close.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: WM2D Downloads Section

Post by Silvertiger »

Wubbly wrote:Couldn't get this thing out of my head. Here's the ring code updated for a single polygon and with a start angle added. You can also modify the center point of the polygon. This time the number of sides is the actual number of sides of the polygon. If you use it to make a ring, don't set numberOfSides too large. If you use 360, you would have a polygon with a side every degree which is probably overkill. I haven't tried it in a wheel build yet, so I don't know how it will react to other objects.

BTW, I need to thank Marchello for posting his ring code back in 2005 or so. It helped.
This is excellent Wubbly. I just tried it. It is very simple to use. I created a polygon with 90 sides and it worked just fine. I created one with 360 sides as well. It tasked the program a little longer to create, but I mounted it to a wheel and it rotated fine. Thank you for uploading this!

Do you have any ideas on how to write scripts for fluids, hydraulics, buoyancy, hoses, displacement, etc.? If not it's cool. Would you have any ideas on how to write a script to create an isolated force between two bodies, rather than the program's force button which only creates forces between the background and an object? Thanks.