Website not secured?

Ask a question or request a feature related to the website or forum...

Moderator: scott

Johndoe2
Aficionado
Aficionado

Website not secured?

Post by Johndoe2 »

I log in with my I phone and this message pops up at the top of my screen. I have never seen this before only here. Big red letters.
Anyway I'm required to log in every time I visit this page even after selecting "remember me."not sure if the 2 are related but they started happening around the same time.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

Interesting. What was the message.

I had problems logging in myself. I wouldn't be surprised if the site has been hacked.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Website not secured?

Post by rlortie »

Things started happening when the new alleged web security went into effect.

I am not a computer guru, but know that some people ran into different problems, all starting when https://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/index.htpps://www. was added to most addresses.

Without the https: added it is no longer considered a secure address, that of course just happens to this one: www.besslerwheel.com My IP informed me that it was not a secure link. This may explain why you have to log in each visit.

I use Firefox and Norton firewall, I was able to ignore the update.

Note that even Mozilla now uses https://.mozilla.org and no longer do you see www. Scott simply has not upgraded, nor do i find a reason why he should bother!

Ralph
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

And to cap it all we now have a bot, Uriosman.
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

A bot that posted in the spam thread. Lol
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

I think he's probably Russian (Uri Osman) and can't read English.
Attachments
expn-comp.jpg
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

Does anyone know if the limit for GIF attachments
has been increased from 100Kb?
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Frank,

Welcome back. ...and, yes, it's larger than 100 kb now. My latest was just shy of 500 kb:

I just tried uploading some test images, and it would take a 510 kb but not a 515 kb. So, it appears that 510 kb is about the limit.

I was recently experimenting trying to make small sized GIF animations of some of my game play from a free computer game called Urban Terror. I was wanting to show off some of the graphics, but the animations were running a bit too large. Here's a single frame gif of one of the maps, though:

It still amazes me how powerful our home computers are these days, to be able to run an avatar around in a virtual world like that in real time.

The limit on video file size is 3 MB now, I believe, so I can upload the following video attachment which is around 2.5 MB. This is an example of some of the real time game play. The original video before I scaled it down was 800x600, but the game can display higher.
Attachments
frame0065.gif
video0012s.avi
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 2667 times
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

Thanks for the GIF info. I seem to remember now reading somewhere that video files had gone up to 3MB

It doesn't look as though .avi files are supported. Post it somewhere else and give a link.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Here's the direct link (it did upload):

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/files/video0012s.avi

I used a non-standard video codec for an .avi file, so that may be the reason your browser won't play it. A stand alone player might.

If it won't play with a video player program either, however, it might play if you rename the file to give it an .mp4 extension.

The .avi does play for me in my browser window. I'm using Seamonkey on Linux.
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

Thanks. That played ok.
sadiaqasim
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by sadiaqasim »

It could be possible that you have used internet services from an unknown network. We should now connect our device with the internet service that we don't know sometimes it brings malicious activities into your mobile device.
I have been working as customer support agent in a leading digital mobile wallet company for six years.
tommyshelby
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by tommyshelby »

The website is not secure because the site is not SSL enabled and the secure SSL certification is required. I have also faced issues on my iTunes on my IOS device and got iTunes error 9 because of the security issue.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

I made a change so now https:// is the default.
Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by scott on Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

Thanks Scott