Part Three is the Charm

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Part Three is the Charm

Post by mryy »

construct.jpg
Here are ideas for building certain parts of the wheel. Ideally each part is produced from a single piece of (metal) material. This material can be bent to create features like end loops, cotter pins, u-shapes, compartments and short pivot arms. A formed part can then be spot welded at various points for added strength and rigidity if needed. In the assembly diagram note how the base of the spring with its built-in cotter pins, once mounted, becomes the lateral arm of the pantograph crossbar.

Do you believe in the Infinite ne? Do you?
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

construct2.jpg
Complete parts list per crossbar mechanism. Note how the blade spring is mounted off to one side of the swivel arms. This creates a space on the other side for the perpendicular/intersecting crossbars to pass through.
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

besslerw82.jpg
besslerw83.jpg
construct3.jpg
For convenience I am placing the concept and parts diagrams together under this post.

You Love?
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

AP wagongardenrootbuyer.jpg
In this post I'm letting my imagination run a bit. I re-studied select metaphors of the Apologia Poetica passage (Stewart and Collins translations) to see how they might relate to each other and to my $theOne¢ concept:

a Gartner/gardener is no fence-breaker
a Wagner/wainwright wants to bore holes
avarice is a root [of] evil
The buyer buys (Collins trans.)

The above I have interpreted before so I am further refining my interpretation here. Let's begin. B. writes that the gardener maintains an intact fence. Medieval German fences were sometimes styled in a diamond lattice pattern. In $theOne¢ the closed continuous chain of stork's bill units do indeed resemble an unbroken (circular) diamond fence. Check.

For a wagon driver to make holes (assuming holes mean rut lines in the ground) the wagon's four wheels have to be turning along. In $theOne¢ the moving wagon is represented by a lever and its four yellow weights rolling back and forth inside the rectangular compartment. See the green selection in the upload. Check.

Next is the metaphor of greed being an evil root. The original German word "wurzel" means the root of a plant. Taking consideration of the previous line about the gardener this "bad" root is mostly like a root vegetable (onion, carrot, etc.). But which vegetable? The key word here is "avarice" which I believe implies something of value. In medieval Europe the onion was a prized vegetable and sometimes used as currency, for example to pay rent (was B. a renter?). See the yellow selection in the upload that represents a flowering onion. The round flowerhead (inflorescence) of an onion consists of many individual flowers. Now compare it to the grindstone/hub of $theOne¢ where the the intersecting crossbars form crosshatching squares. To me each square represents the individual flower of the inflorescence. So yes, crazy B. witnessed an onion flowering inside the wheel. Check.

Finally our attention turns to the metaphor of the buyer. Standing before the spinning wheel B. imagined in his little German head a buyer represented by the outer lever and yellow weights (lower arm/hand holding coins) making a purchase. See the red elliptical selection in upload. What exactly did B. witness the buyer making an offer for? I feel the answer relates back the starting metaphors of the gardener, wagon and root. Similar to us modern humans, archaic Germans would be out and about in their open markets to hunt for items like food (bread, produce, etc.). Peddlers could be seen pushing primitive wheeled carts propping up trays of vegetables and fruits. So what crazy (or hungry) B. hallucinated on was a transaction that involved an onion. Check.

So you love my interpretation don't you? Don't you?
Last edited by mryy on Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

besslerw84.jpg
besslerw85.jpg
construct4.jpg
This is a variation of the the last design. B.'s one-directional wheels were spinning at 50 rpm so I feel it would be advantageous for the blade spring to prep up early. I played around with the Stork's Bill unit. I moved its inner cross-rod closest toward the wheel center (where the inner links meet). This should force the spring to swing to the right at 5:00- 5:30 as it presses against the cross-rod. Not drawn to accuracy.

You shall forever LOVE and revere no other but $the Infinite ne¢, understood? The LOVEr in Me (not prude-safe):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mSb6IGCZw
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

besslercrab.jpg
"A crab crawls from side to side. It is sound for it is designed thus." Collins

Does $theOne¢ satisfy the above AP metaphor? I believe so. See comparison with a European Green Crab. B. says it moves sideways. In my wheel the internal mechanisms (levers, stork's bill units, etc.) all shift a little to the lower right several times per rotation due to the movement of the crossbar sets. This can be likened to the signature crab walk.

Hmm crabs and summer beaches... not for the Weak of Mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HChiuznp90

7:03 - 7:26 a light sea breeze sweeps across the sizzling beaches
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I have a lot of difficulty with associating that movement with the movement of a crab.
i would have thought the movement in question would be more appropriately associated with his words when he spoke of the lighter weights falling back, but not being a hindrance, or however he actually worded it.
If your arms were to move laterally, as in, to move from one face of the wheel to the other, during rotation, this would be considered to be the movement of a crab.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Move like a crab

Post by agor95 »

Come to think on it the physical build I am working on has two arms that move sideways; kind of.

You are correct any sideways movement is crab like.

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

besslerdogpaw.jpg
Original German text of the AP dog metaphor:
Dafür ihn bald die dürren Poppen
Auch ziemlich auf die Pfoten kloppen

"But soon the scrawny poppies
Also pretty much knock him on his paws" [DeepL]

"But soon the skinny asses will get him
Also quite a slap on the paws" [Google Translate]

therefore him soon the skinny dolls/puppets also rap quite on the paws [Stewart]

for that/therefore soon the scrawny/slim jacks/poppets also hit/tap/knock/thump on the paws [Ralf]

The plural "paws" and "puppets" could be interpreted that both sides (drums) of the wheel should be visualized in the action. That is, the dog's two front paws are represented by the short portions of the SB links (highlighted in red) on both sides of wheel. Similarly for the puppets. Also the knocking of the paws alludes to the blade spring striking the leading lever between 9:00 and 11:00.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Although it might be nice for you to apply clues to your design, does it really help? I question their relevance or correctness.

I don't see anything that speaks to me with this design. The good thing is you have moved on from the shooting and catching balls.

For me simplicity and function are the key. What principle is it running on, and what does it need to do? How do I prove the function of the design?
Last edited by Tarsier79 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neuberlintourist1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by neuberlintourist1 »

I think it all comes down to a physical build and proof and or disprroof of the design, is anyone building right now?
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

Tarsier79 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 pm Although it might be nice for you to apply clues to your design, does it really help? I question their relevance or correctness.

I don't see anything that speaks to me with this design. The good thing is you have moved on from the shooting and catching balls.

For me simplicity and function are the key. What principle is it running on, and what does it need to do? How do I prove the function of the design?
Do you have insights into a B. runner that allows you to query the validity of my interpretations?

Here's my take on the AP metaphors. If B. left anything remotely resembling a blueprint for PM, it would be these metaphors. They are a set of descriptives for a particular runner. The metaphors of course are wide open to interpretation and yes the odds of misinterpreting them are high. However I think if a proposed design seems to satisfy most if not all the descriptives -- according to personal interpretations -- it raises the probability toward re-discovery. My strategy is to cross-check the design against the AP and MT works. At present I feel this is the most direct route to finding the wheel.

A serious question is whether the AP prose describes a bi-directional or one-directional wheel. Let's say it is about a bi-directional. I am *crossing fingers* that many of the clues also applies to a one-way. So far imo they seem to.

You mentioned simplicity. Yet the various AP metaphors suggest a wheel that is not so basic. In the MT cover B. says by combining various drawings one can find PM. Well each drawing by itself may be simple but bringing multiple drawings together the outcome becomes less so I think. And let's not forget the Toys Page. Assuming a runner contains some representation of all five toys, can such a wheel be called basic or even simple? Both Karl and B. praised its simplicity. Given their familiarity with complex apparatuses their definition of simplicity may not quite aligned with what others deem as simple. IOW simplicity is subjective.
mryy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mryy »

besslerbattle.jpg
Original German text of an AP couplet:
Saturnus, Mars, Jupiter fein
Zu jederm Kriege willig sein.

"Saturnus, Mars, Jupiter fine
Be willing to go to any war. [Google Translate]
"Saturn, Mars and Jupiter are ready to join in any battle. [Collins]
"Saturn, Mars, Jupiter are nicely prepared for all wars. [Stewart]

What does a medieval battle look like? I imagine opposing forces wielding weapons like swords, clubs, etc. These weapons clash as the soldiers engage in combat. Does $theOne¢ depict a medieval battle scene? I believe so. Between 9:00 to 11:00 the uncoiled blade spring hits the the leading lever, which could represent a sword striking a flail/club. And B. even hints at the types of materials used/involved which are lead (Saturn), iron (Mars) and tin (Jupiter) based on medieval alchemy theory.

$theOne¢ is badass aint it? Aint it?
Last edited by mryy on Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

A serious question is whether the AP prose describes a bi-directional or one-directional wheel. Let's say it is about a bi-directional. I am *crossing fingers* that many of the clues also applies to a one-way. So far imo they seem to.
Remember he had 4 wheels (if you include the Kassel wheel), so a major problem is figuring out which 'clues' apply to which wheel(s). I believe there were two mechanism versions for the one-directional wheel (Gera and Draschwitz types), so the fun is separating them. But that's a headache for another day... ;-)
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

MrTim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:46 pm
Remember he had 4 wheels (if you include the Kassel wheel), so a major problem is figuring out which 'clues' apply to which wheel(s). I believe there were two mechanism versions for the one-directional wheel (Gera and Draschwitz types), so the fun is separating them. But that's a headache for another day... ;-)
That is one of the reasons I decided for myself that he had a single Prime Mover mech(s) that was then fitted to just about any traditional OOB wheel, of any sort, to make the combination a runner .. mainly because while the bi-directional may have had back-to-back OOB systems duplicated from the one-directionals his "clues" are so diverse, and perverse, that he can't possibly be describing just ONE OOB system runner employed in ALL subsequent wheels .. imo he was having some fun at our expensive knowing we would be flummoxed by the avalanche and apparent variety of descriptions, leaving us ( Wagner et al ) bewildered, overloaded, and grasping at straws - not dishonest, just a magicians distraction and deflection from the naked truth - remember, the Prime Mover was never mentioned other than in the unpublished MT, and even then just the once ..
Last edited by Fletcher on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.