In for a penny, in for a pound.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Re: In for a penny, in for a pound.

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Robinhood46,
What happens when the spokes spread apart? Which segment becomes lighter and or heavier------------Sam
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

When they spread apart they do exactly what we don't want them to do Sam.
They pull the weight on the folding red arms nearer to the rim.
When i started this i only had two, not three sets of arms, working at 180°. The swinging in of the light weight was as easy as in the previous models, and the spreading was occurring the correct side of the wheel, and having the positive effect of shifting the weight nearer to the rim. I was only a few degrees short of the swinging weight rolling out and resetting for another turn. But i couldn't get it to happen. This is why i tried with three and it is nowhere near as close as when i was working with two.
The folding red arms could have the weight extended to the opposing side of the arm, to rid us of the shifting toward the rim at the wrong time, but this plays with the "balancing act" in play, that allows the swinging of the light weight on the rope to cause the shifting of the dominant side of bar.
Every time the slightest adjustment is made, the balancing act needs to be re-established. It is very difficult to know where equilibrium is, to be able to try shifting it slightly one way or the other.
It is a pity i didn't do a video of just two bars, it was much more promising than two.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Robinhood46 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:41 pm It is a pity i didn't do a video of just two bars, it was much more promising than two.
It's also a pity that i don't check my comments before posting.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

IMG_20230922_101107.jpg
humm

ETA
It's a pity gravity has changed since the days of Bessler. We need Bessler's gravity.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Right, Waltcy, some old time gravity. This new "stuff" is no dam good! No wonder we can't get it to work------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Robinhood,
Always difficult. I have to watch it more to understand how it works------------------Sam
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

A bit of progress.
I have gone back to just one crossbar/mechanism.
The principal is the same, the folding, or swinging in, of the light weight, is what causes the counterweight to have the dominance over the arm, on the ascending side to cause the closing of the two arms.
The progression of the mechanism with regard the wheel/frame can be clearly seen. The wheel only rotates 336° for a complete cycle of the mechanism.
The energy that would cause the wheel to rotate the missing 24° is what i am hoping to use to overcome friction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4CGI9kP8OY
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Another interesting discussion with THX4 has brought me back to this attempt.
Here is a video from a few months ago that i thought i had already shared, but couldn't find during our discussion.

https://youtu.be/aO67TAGSk9o
We can see that the real world is literally identical to the simulation.
The real world version has an anti return mechanism in the form of a one way bearing, which i can't achieve in the sim world without disproportionately adding mass where it isn't needed, or wanted.
We think maybe that what is missing is an additional mechanism, a third mechanism, which is either independent to the wheel and the weighted arm, or independent to only one of them. The third mechanism's role is just the resetting of the lighter weight.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi Robinhood46

Good Trebuchet only two modifications required; three if you remove the disc.

I will think about creating an animation if required.

P.S. I am not being facetious.

All the Best
Last edited by agor95 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
thx4
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by thx4 »

Congratulations RH46 on your latest work, which I think is very promising (I've already told you privately).
Your project deserves encouragement and it's certainly the best track for 2024, we're into concrete and not suppositions, I'm going to make a proto also in this sense, with other variants. I'm not wishing you wishes, but active participants. (We're talking about a miracle here).😁
The world is perfect.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

thx4 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:08 am Congratulations RH46 on your latest work, which I think is very promising (I've already told you privately).
Your project deserves encouragement and it's certainly the best track for 2024, we're into concrete and not suppositions, I'm going to make a proto also in this sense, with other variants. I'm not wishing you wishes, but active participants. (We're talking about a miracle here).😁
Robinhood46 project deserves encouragement as stated a concrete device for the start of 2024.

Regards
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi thx4

I agree Robinhood46 project deserves encouragement as stated it is a concrete example for the start of 2024.

Regards
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Robinhood46,
Yes the reset, how to do the reset? All I could think of was a torsion spring----------Sam
No, not right either. Oh, how about a toggle spring? No, that won't work either, I'm no help.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

I've previously mentioned this before but , it's worth noting that achieving motion from a dropping mass is indeed feasible.

There are numerous designs that successfully harness motion from a falling mass or similar concepts.

The common hurdle, however, lies in the reset mechanism, primarily due to energy constraints.

If all designs had the additional energy required for a complete reset, we could potentially witness the emergence of hundreds or even thousands of self-sustained devices.

So in other words , imo for a self sustained device the main hurdle is reset and not specifically , the design for motion , the second hurdle is for additional external work output.
Its all relative.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi johannesbender

That is a reasonable proposition and a good foundation base.

With Robinhood46 project would you say it is possible to move the pendulum mass up the pendulum rod to the pivot point
using the drop of the main mass?

This is from an energy perspective not from a detailed implementation perspective.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.