Besslers prime mover and its enabler.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Besslers prime mover and its enabler.

Post by Roxaway59 »

As Bessler stated very often in Maschinen Tractate the mechanisms that he felt had promise would do nothing until his special principal was activated. It kind of sounds like it must be something deserving of a long drum roll followed by a gasp from the audience and then maybe a period of wide eyed bewilderment at the complexity of the thing. Personally I would be surprised if it wasn't something that for the most part is familiar to us already. The search for Besslers prime mover reminds me of something that I do with my car keys from time to time. I forget where I put them when I’m late and then I run all around the house like a headless chicken trying to retrace my steps. Inevitably I start looking in unlikely places like the fridge and stare at a ham sandwich in the forlorn hope that it might speak to me and tell me where they are. I’m pleased to report to you that it never does that. Eventually I find them in the places where I would normally keep them and realize that I was staring right at them without knowing. So I don’t believe that we need to search for his prime mover because we already know what it is. What we have to do is realize it. I will soon start posting things I have worked on in the past and then what I am doing now. On this thread I want to move towards the things that we all want but let me just say this. In order to find our car keys we must have clarity and there's no point in asking the ham sandwich.

Graham
Last edited by Roxaway59 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: Besslers prime mover and its enabler.

Post by WaltzCee »

In order to find our car keys we must have clarity and there's no point in asking the ham sandwich.
Have you ever notice when searching for your car keys, they're always the last place you look? I've developed a system around that.

I begin by making a mental list of the possibilities. The first place that comes to mind, I don't look there! The keys will never be in the most obvious place. As I begin to imagine fewer places the keys might be, that's where I look.

I invert the list!
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

I once got out of my car and dropped my keys down a grid. I knew exactly where they were!
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

What I will be doing just for fun is posting things in the style of Besslers book. Putting something on for members to look at and making a statement about it. This first one is an oscillator.
Graham
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Bear with me as I work out how to add the file.
Graham
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Roxaway59 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:04 pm Bear with me as I work out how to add the file.
Graham
When you create a post in your New Topic you will see an attachment option along the bottom.

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

What are the size limits Agor? JPG used to be 100kb on the last version. It is larger now.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Tarsier79 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:55 pm What are the size limits Agor? JPG used to be 100kb on the last version. It is larger now.
I have not hit the upper limit. But for the sake of the Forum doing some compression
would not hurt.

Another method is to drag the file onto the post text area sometime loads the file.
Even when the load attached file fails?

Regards
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

I did want to include an Algodoo file but I cant do it so here is a screen shot for now.
Attachments
Oscillator.jpg
Bessler final build.zip
(63.27 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Last edited by Roxaway59 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hi Roxaway59

I appreciate creating post in the style of Bessler writing.
The general notion is to think laterally [right brain] rather than logically [left brain].

Then again one can be in two minds about the whole thing :-)

Your study of accelerating a mass faster than gravity is a lateral thinking notion.

Fortunately it is not the only one.

P.S. zip [compress] the file first then attach along with the screen shot image.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

If we look at Besslers wheel like a recipe for a cake then there are certain ingredients that we know or are pretty sure that we know it must have. I would say that probably the most basic ingredient is an oscillatory function since everything in the universe oscillates. So here is a mechanical oscillator that goes over unity in Algodoo. I cant simulate this properly in wm2d because in my old version it locks up every time. It would be interesting to have feedback from members who are able to put it in a modern wm2d. I have actually built a different version of this that didn’t go over unity but looked like it was going to keep going. The thinking goes a little like this. The double pendulums swing the wheel turns. The wheel turning encourages the pendulums to swing the swinging pendulums encourage the wheel to turn. A positive feedback loop.

Graham
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Roxaway59 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 pm If we look at Besslers wheel like a recipe for a cake then there are certain ingredients that we know or are pretty sure that we know it must have. I would say that probably the most basic ingredient is an oscillatory function since everything in the universe oscillates. So here is a mechanical oscillator that goes over unity in Algodoo. I cant simulate this properly in wm2d because in my old version it locks up every time. It would be interesting to have feedback from members who are able to put it in a modern wm2d. I have actually built a different version of this that didn’t go over unity but looked like it was going to keep going. The thinking goes a little like this. The double pendulums swing the wheel turns. The wheel turning encourages the pendulums to swing the swinging pendulums encourage the wheel to turn. A positive feedback loop.

Graham
There is need to make a simulation a little bit more real.
So think about putting in some resistance. Air, friction or ohms.

P.S. There is nothing more impressive than a device that accelerates in those conditions.

P.S.S. simulation have a habit of adding energy into a system due to maths rounding error.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Hi agor95 I think I have the Algodoo file on here now can you let me know if it works? This is really just an example of an oscillator but I would like to find out how it behaves in wm2d out of interest.
Graham
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Roxaway59 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:50 pm Hi agor95 I think I have the Algodoo file on here now can you let me know if it works? This is really just an example of an oscillator but I would like to find out how it behaves in wm2d out of interest.
Graham
Rox .. this forum does support wm2d files as attachments - my observation is that it appears the WM is forward compatible (newer program iterations can read and run older version files) but not always rearward compatible .. but it is usually easy enough to reconstruct a sim, so a screen shot and explanations is sometimes enough to go on, unless quite complex .. if the user is not experienced it can involve a lot of questions and answers to 'clone' a mechanism, depending on the background settings, inputs and outputs used etc ..

n.b. if loading a WM file as an attachment it is important that the file is saved first as "empty" - i.e. reset the sim after you have run it, and make a small change like adding an anchor to the background 'space' (it doesn't 'stick' and disappears) - then save the program which then has no memory and is minimized in size - this will now comfortably be within the allowable size limits for attachments ..

Swapping sims via attachments is an easy way to verify a sim build and behaviour, and for sensitivity analysis, robustness, and rapid development purposes, if that is desired ..
Last edited by Fletcher on Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Roxaway59 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:50 pm Hi agor95 I think I have the Algodoo file on here now can you let me know if it works?
That was interesting - I clicked on the zip file. That expanded the file and then click on the file within. To my surprise Algodoo open and ran the file!

I am on ubuntu linux with wine emulating windows running the Algodoo executable.

Just remembered to press the space bar for I have not used this produce for many years.

P.S. Your right brain has been working overtime; Which is a good thing :-)

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.