Where is the inferior weight ?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

genmurphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where is the inferior weight ?

Post by genmurphy »

We know that:

- There is the prime mover and the superior weight
- Weights are working by 2

Which means that, if one weight is the superior weight, the second weight might be the inferior weight.
So my question is:
- Did Johann leave some clues about the second weight (inferior weight ?) ?
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

re: Where is the inferior weight ?

Post by bluesgtr44 »

The only actual handling of any weights were with the Merseburg wheel and they were all judged to be around 4 lbs. if there were any other weights of differing values, they were not presented at that time. If they did all weigh the same then the superior weight would be the distribution of the weights within the wheel.....making one side heavier than the other would be considered having a superior weight.

Steve
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

This is a problem with the English language. Weight can mean an object or it can mean a force. A "superior weight" can mean a heavier object or it can mean a stronger force. When translating from another language into English, the other language may also have words with dual meanings. The poor translator must try to decipher which meaning the author meant and then the reader must try to decipher which meaning the translator meant. All this can get very confusing. Many times it takes a good understanding of the subject matter being discussed in order to discern the original meaning of the sentence in question.

In the case of Bessler, it's possible to assume that he meant one thing due to ones preconception when he may well have meant something else. We need to always look at the bigger picture and look for the most logical meaning of his words, knowing full well that until a working wheel is found we will probably choose the wrong meaning at times.

----------

Based on my understanding (I could well be wrong) I think Bessler was talking about a superior (stronger) force of one weight/object relative to another weight/object. I think the weights/objects have the same weight/mass while the force on one weight is superior (more) and the force on the other weight is inferior (less) thus causing the weights to move. It is the difference of these unequal forces that constitute the prime mover, in my opinion.

genmurphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by genmurphy »

Thanks Steve and Jim but...

What if you were wrong ? What if the two weights do not have the same function ? What if the inferior weight function would be to create negative torque AND to put the superior weight on a path that would make it create enough positive torque to counter balance the effect of the inferior weight (and power the wheel)?
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

He did say the weights act in pairs, but I'm not aware of any clear clues about which did what.
I agree with Jim, and add that "superior weight" might conceptually be better translated as "overbalance" (even though that word doesn't really make any sense), as in the distribution of the outer weights in MT15.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.